PDA

View Full Version : Cupboard locks!!

tash 1
07-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi all wondering if need cupboard locks on all kitchen cupboards or just under sink, knives and fork draw etc so far I have locks on under sink, wine and freezer advice would be great.x:)

swindonminder
07-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi Tash,

I don't have child locks on all of my cupboards just the one under the sink, the cupboard with the cat food in and the drawer where I i keep my knives.

I keep all the baking equipment,plastic cups, plates and bowls in a low cupboard so the children can help take them out when needed.

:)

Minstrel
07-05-2011, 02:42 PM
I have no locks on my kitchen units- everything which needs to be kept out of reach is in a utility cupboard which i can lock.

caz3007
07-05-2011, 02:42 PM
I just have cupboard locks on two cupboards, one has cleaning stuff in and one has glasses. Mind you children are never in my kitchen unsupervised, so no one has every tried to get in any

tash 1
07-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi Tash,

I don't have child locks on all of my cupboards just the one under the sink, the cupboard with the cat food in and the drawer where I i keep my knives.

I keep all the baking equipment,plastic cups, plates and bowls in a low cupboard so the children can help take them out when needed.

:)that's great idea about plastic plates etc will have to reorganize my cupboards!

tash 1
07-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks for advice guys hubby will be happy to put drill away for now.x:)

Maza
07-05-2011, 04:17 PM
We found cupboard locks in Tesco which don't need to be drilled. They look like a big white safety pin and are pretty cheap. Have a look online if you can't see them in your local Tesco. Mrs O made me open every drawer and cupboard which didn't have a child lock just to prove there was nothing dangerous in there.

miffy
07-05-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't have any cupboard locks in my kitchen - I do a RA and I teach the children they aren't allowed to go in my cupboards!

Boots do magnetic cupboard locks which I've heard are quite good.

Miffy xx

jellytots2912
07-05-2011, 05:13 PM
i used carrier bags to tie my cupboard door shut as the plastic ones break easily and i didnt wanna dril into my cupboards when i had my visited they were fine with them :-) as long as they kept the kids out its dosent matter what you use

buildingblocks
07-05-2011, 07:03 PM
I don't have any locks on my cupboards I have a stair gate at the door

mummyMia
07-05-2011, 07:33 PM
I have locks on most of mine but only because my own 12 month old dd insists on constantly emptying out everything. It was driving me completely potty! As I am not registered yet I don't have a safety gate on the kitchen door and prefer to have dd in the kitchen with me. Once I have mindees I will use the gate and will probably stop using the locks. I have the magnetic babydan ones and they are great:)

The Juggler
07-05-2011, 09:53 PM
i have mother care ones. They just fit around the cupboard handles and can be removed at the weekend.:)