PDA

View Full Version : SEF

handeme
07-05-2011, 01:55 PM
I am just about to embark on the mission of filling in my SEF, any tips or advice?

cx

christine e
07-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Just do a little bit at a time and try and sell yourself. Think of all the things you would like your inspector to know about you and the things you do and put them in there somewhere

good luck

Cx

PS Suggest you buy Sarah 707's ebook on completing your SEF

Maza
07-05-2011, 03:50 PM
As above! Be honest - it is good to have areas for development, it shows you are able to evaluate your practice.

I hated doing mine but Mrs O went on and on about it so it is worth putting in the time doing the best you can.
Good luck.x

miffy
07-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Take it one section at a time - it's a BIG document.

Pretend you're talking to the inspector, be honest - no point in bigging yourself up because the inspector will soon see if your practice doesn't match what you say in your sef. Likewise, it's OK to say if you tried something and it didn't work as long as you also put what you learnt from it.

Relate everything back to the children - how does what you're doing make things better for/benefit them?

Add in plenty of examples and quotes from parents, children etc.

Buy Sarah's e-book for a (very) comprehensive guide to filling in your sef, written in an easy to understand format - so much easier than the actual SEF!!!!

Good luck
Miffy xx