PDA

View Full Version : help... potty training issues

shmuck9681
07-05-2011, 08:52 AM
hi, just wondering what other people do....my lo i feel is ready now that all the holidays are out the way to start potty training but know its easier in the first instances to leave bottoms off whilst going through this process just wondering if this is OK to do with mindees in the house as don't really want to be taking unnecessary time off work to do such a task...

Zoomie
07-05-2011, 09:34 AM
How do you feel about mindees walking around bottoms off ??

How will you preserve your LO (and mindees possibly) privacy when you have parents dropping off / collecting / other visitors ?

Personally, I don't like this approach as I feel that pulling pants down is a fundamental part of the whole toilet / potty training process ....

Best of luck in how you do decide to proceed :)

Chimps Childminding
07-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Personally, I don't agree with lo's having nothing on whilst potty training. I don't think it is fair on the other children, and I don't really want them climbing on my furniture/rugs and having an accident (especially a poo) when they have no clothing on. If a mindee has started potty training at home (with some success) I am happy for them to have ordinary pants on (as long as mum sends plenty) and I personally think that this works better as they don't like the feeling of them if they get them wet.

I have one lo at present who is using pull ups, but I am sure she still thinks she just has a nappy on, she never asks for the potty (she is 3 in July), if I ask her if she needs a wee she says no, but then I find the pull up wet or pooed in :( Mum has also said she is not sure they are working, so they are going to have an concerted effort over the week-end using just pants and see how she gets on!

snufflepuff
07-05-2011, 03:00 PM
My son started off wearing nothing on his bottom half, but I made sure he had pants on when mindees were here or a nappy if he didn't want pants.
My mindee is now training too and they have both been wearing just pants in the house. I wouldn't be keen on a mindee being naked here.

gigglinggoblin
07-05-2011, 03:05 PM
All of mine have potty trained by leaving them with nothing on their bottom half, I have always found they are quite happy to use undies as a nappy. We have always been done within 3 days using this method, 2 of them within 15 minutes, and with very few accidents (if any) after that when they are in clothes. Could you do it over the weekend? If this is your preferred way of doing it if they take much longer I would suggest they are not ready. With luck you will have it cracked within that time and you wont need parents to know. If not I would ask parents if they have any objections to your little one wearing nothing and build you policy around that, just remember chances are they will expect you to do the same for thier child.