PDA

View Full Version : 5 EYFS children?

snufflepuff
06-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Just curious- Has anyone ever heard of a childminder being granted a variation for 5 children in the EYFS range?
I already have a variation for one day a week to care for 4 children- 2 siblings due to start next month. I have a lady asking me to have her LO Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and then Mondays too from September.
I'm not even sure i'd want to do it to be honest- 4 of the children would be 2 years and 7 months and the other would be 11 months....so all pretty young. But that would be it, just these 4 children, no schoolies.

rickysmiths
06-05-2011, 08:10 PM
I doubt you would get one unless you were working with an assistant.

I have had six in EYFS, but one of them was weaning into Recepton at school one was in Reception full time, one was 2, another 3 and the youngest 11mths. I didn't have them all together full time ujst for an hour before school one day and 2 hours after school the same day.

rickysmiths
06-05-2011, 08:11 PM
I doubt you would get one unless you were working with an assistant.

I have had six in EYFS, but one of them was weaning into Recepton at school one was in Reception full time, one was 2, another 3 and the youngest 11mths. I didn't have them all together full time just for an hour before school one day and 2 hours after school the same day. This was on my own.

Sorry dont know why this has posted twice.:panic:

hello kitty
06-05-2011, 08:14 PM
I had a variation for 5 under 5's.

2 were mornings at school and I picked them up at 12 and had one until 4.00 and the other until 6.00 and the other 3 were 3 1/2 years, 20 months and 14 months.

Unusual to get a variation but not unique.

Good luck.

miffy
07-05-2011, 06:59 AM
I also know a cm who had a variation for 5 under 5 so if you want to do it then I would say it's worth asking.

Miffy xx

Zoomie
07-05-2011, 09:49 AM
I got a variation for a single day for 5 under 5's. They would have been 21m 23m, 35m, 40m and 48m.

In the end, one of the mindees contracted for that day didn't come, but in hindsight I don't think I will ask again. 4 under 4's is hard enough for me.

Got impression from Ofsted that it was only granted because it was for a single day's care, and I think the majority of childminders who have had the variation granted, it was just for a couple of hours each / different days.

sarah707
07-05-2011, 11:37 AM
I have 5 children in the Eyfs... they come on different days / at different times and that's hard enough! :eek: :D

green puppy
07-05-2011, 03:29 PM
I recently inquired about this and the inspector said that in exceptional circumstances they may grant it. They would look at the ages of the children and the reasons and the length of time /days it was for. One for every day, all day is unlikely but it is possible for a few hours or couple of days.