PDA

View Full Version : tax credits fraud help

mushpea
06-05-2011, 03:32 PM
one of my parents has confesd to claming £15 a week more tax credits than what she pays me and probably has done for the past 6months at least, obviously its fraud on her part but will it affect me in anyway?

aly
06-05-2011, 04:05 PM
one of my parents has confesd to claming £15 a week more tax credits than what she pays me and probably has done for the past 6months at least, obviously its fraud on her part but will it affect me in anyway?
If she is found out they will mroe than likely stop her payments so may not be able to afford childcare?...not sure tbh.

Chatterbox Childcare
06-05-2011, 04:29 PM
It is the parents responsibilty not yours but I would explain to the parents that the TC may write to you for confirmation of costs and you cannot lie on the form

mushpea
06-05-2011, 06:56 PM
I did tell her they seem to be hot on checking people for tc at the moment, one of my other parents is being investigated at the moment, I also said that if my tax return was investigated they would see that my ey number had been used to claim more money than I had charged which could result in her being investigated too.

aly
07-05-2011, 08:05 PM
I did tell her they seem to be hot on checking people for tc at the moment, one of my other parents is being investigated at the moment, I also said that if my tax return was investigated they would see that my ey number had been used to claim more money than I had charged which could result in her being investigated too.

you could be investigated further too if you are declaring 1 amount and the parents is telling them another amount so they will see someone is not telling the truth etc.

flowerpots
07-05-2011, 08:11 PM
i think tc are really hot at minute with investigating claims, 2 of my parents are being investigated, 1 is claiming correct amount (according to parent) and the other hasnt mentioned anything. :rolleyes:

xxxx