PDA

View Full Version : MM Car Insurance

rickysmiths
06-05-2011, 01:18 PM
I have just insured my car through MM. I wondered if any of you who also have car insurance with them, have the Breakdown Cover they offer through TRS?

If you do have you ever had occasion to use the Breakdown/Relay service and how did you find it? Just be interested to know before I commit. I have been covered by the RAC up to now through Skoda but have decided not to change my car yet and the free RAC cover has ended. I can renew at a reduced price but the MM one is quite a lot cheaper.

Thanks in advance for you comments.

sarah707
06-05-2011, 05:09 PM
We are with autoaid - scroll down here -

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/roadside-recovery

You pay your fee then if you break down they send a local garage out for you... you pay the garage and autoaid pay you back.

We've used them twice and the service has been excellent.

hth :D

rickysmiths
06-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks for that Sarah, very helpful. Dh has just got home and said yes I've heard of them, but thats because his intitials are TRS :laughing:

I'll read the link now.

rickysmiths
06-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Sarah did you use them when you had mindees on board? They do sound good and it looks as if I could use my Tesco vouchers and reduce the fee. i will have a god look over the weekend.

sarah707
06-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Sarah did you use them when you had mindees on board? They do sound good and it looks as if I could use my Tesco vouchers and reduce the fee. i will have a god look over the weekend.

I used them once when I was working and once in the evening.

the woman on the phone asked me who I was with and whether we were safe and when I had the children I was prioritised.

I think the main thing is that the garage is local and quick but you have to be able to pay them... then you get a cheque back.

:D

rickysmiths
06-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Worth knowning that because I don't always carry a cheque book with me these days :blush: , perhaps I would have to keep one in the secret pocket in the car. Thanks for your input.

supermumy
09-05-2011, 11:43 AM
im with MM car insurance but use rac breakdown