PDA

View Full Version : Inspector's view on the old 'going to the loo when guests are over' question

mummyMia
06-05-2011, 12:32 PM
So I had my pre-registration inspection today and asked the inspector about the requirement of not leaving children unsupervised with a person who has not been CRB checked. I have seen this question a few times on the forum and wanted her opinion.

She said that I should use common sense and risk assess the danger. So for example, if a well known relative or friend comes over who I trust, then I can leave the children in the room with this person when I go to the loo or go into the kitchen to get coffee. As long as I am on the premises and am not going to be in the other room for an unreasobly long period of time, then the children would NOT count as being unsupervised. If however, an unknown builder comes in then I would need to be more careful.

Yippee for common sense:clapping:

I just hope I get the same inspector next time.

sarah707
06-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Yes I have found over the years that some inspectors have common sense! :D

buildingblocks
06-05-2011, 01:38 PM
i had an inspector once who through the whole inspection everything had to be just perfect so when she wanted to go and inspect the whole house I told the children we had to go with the inspector (my mum and hubby were there) replied that it was fine to leave them with them as they were obviously familiar with them and we were gone for the next half hour.

The Juggler
06-05-2011, 01:39 PM
pity there aren't more of them though.:( but well done that inspector :clapping: