PDA

View Full Version : New Standards and Quality Assurance

webbthomas
06-05-2011, 11:46 AM
QA - What systems should we have for "monitoring, reviewing and improving quality of care" - is this the SEF or are there other systems that I do not know about? :blush: My understanding was that the SEF was a one-off yearly document so are there any ongoing QA monitoring systems we need to adopt?

New Standards - Also, has anyone considered doing a Nurture and Well-Being policy in light of the new standards or have I just gone slightly too mad by considering creating this policy too? :laughing: How do we evidence compliance with this??? If we do need this policy too, does anyone have a draft one they would consider sharing with me please?

Thanks very much.

sarah707
06-05-2011, 01:05 PM
The SAF (in Wales) like the SEF in England is an ongoing document, never finished and always in a state of update.

You add things as you do new things and you make new plans for the future based on what is happening now.

I would say that nurture and wellbeing should be mentioned within in your healthy living policy??

Hth :D

tulip0803
07-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Not seen the new SAF yet it has apparantly changed quite a bit since my last inspection. I am expecting one to drop through the letterbox in the next few month though:rolleyes:

Systems of monitoring, reviewing and improving quality of care can include parental review of service questionaires, children's review questionaires as well as constant observation, personal training, reviewing RAs and policies to ensure the best practice for parents and children that use your service.

Some of the ways you would evidence nurture and well-being are through your healthy eating/meals policy, sample menus for meals and snacks, physical exercise opportunities, observation of the children, listening to what children are saying and valueing each as an individual and meeting their individual needs, promoting good health through washing hands, healthy choices etc

webbthomas
08-05-2011, 07:14 AM
Perfect :thumbsup: Thank you Sarah and Tulip :)