PDA

View Full Version : NCMA Registered Childminders Toolkit - Lock?

brighter
27-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Hello,

I am new to childminding and just received my NCMA Childmnders Toolkit last week. There is a lock that came with it, does that mean I have to lock everything away? I didn't intend to use that big purple folder and wanted to use instead a lever arch file for my filing. Will Ofsted approve? Isn't it too much hassle to open the lock and the big box in an emergency?

Many thanks for reading
:)

sarah707
27-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Hello and welcome!

You need to consider confidentiality with all your paperwork which talks about the children or their personal / family details and yes, it must be locked away.

The toolkit is just one place you can store it though - I have mine in a locked part of my bureau, others have filing cabinets etc.

Hope this helps :D

brighter
27-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Thank you Sarah,

So will it be enough if I keep the details of my current children in let's say the purple NCMA folder (which is lockable) and the details of children, which are no longer in my care in a normal folder let's say in the loft? Sorry to be persistend I just feel silly phoning Ofsted or NCMA for each of my questions!

Nadine :blush:

sarah707
27-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Yes that sounds fine to me! Don't feel daft asking... we all learned from someone!

Have you been and introduced yourself in 'say hello' yet? Everyone is very friendly and we love getting to know new people!

i hope you are enjoying the forum :D

annechuck
15-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Yes that sounds fine to me! Don't feel daft asking... we all learned from someone!

Have you been and introduced yourself in 'say hello' yet? Everyone is very friendly and we love getting to know new people!

i hope you are enjoying the forum :D

Hello, how do i obtain the toolkit? Anne Marie

sarah707
15-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Hello, how do i obtain the toolkit? Anne Marie

Crikey this thread is 3 years old!! How on earth did you find it? :laughing:

NCMA sell a toolkit - if they are your insurance company you can buy it from them at a discount :D