PDA

View Full Version : I have a new toy storage area!

samb
05-05-2011, 08:53 PM
People just don't seem excited when I tell them I have a new toy storage cupboard! I am hoping you guys won't let me down?!

I have had a new boiler and so we have had our cupboard that did house 2 huge water storage tanks (and very little else) gutted, my hubby has shelved them out for me and even put in a light with a sensor so when you open the door, the light comes on!

I usuallly use Ikea Trofast units so for those of you that know the box sizes - each shelf in my new cupboard can hold 6 boxes - 2 shelves are deep enough for the taller boxes, 3 for the medium boxes then at the bottom I have my travel cot, couple of ride ons and couple of dolls buggies. There's corner shelves for all my towels and even some narrow shelves that I have put paints, and take away style plastic boxes with craft bits in. Oh, and there's even room for the hoover and a hook on the back of the door with the highchair hanging on! :clapping:

miffy
05-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Some people just don't understand! :rolleyes: :laughing:

Sounds fab - I would love to have somewhere big enough to store everything in instead of it being spread over the whole house!

Miffy xx

Mouse
05-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Fantastic :clapping: :clapping:

You know you can guarantee on us to get excited about that sort of thing :laughing: :laughing:

samb
05-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Thanks ladies! I knew you would step up to the mark :thumbsup:

I am in a flat so every little bit of space I can grab is amazing to me. It is like my own little extension! lol

Cammie Doodle
05-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Whoo Hoo Im excited for you I love my storage shed, shelving and boxes and Im often found lurking in it, just ask Carolyn. I can even go out there at night Hubby fitted a light lol :laughing:

Chimps Childminding
06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Think it must be a childminding thing and "other" people don't realise how important storage is to us :eek: !!!

I really need to de-clutter because I absolutely fill any space I have. One storage shed, two wendy houses, cupboard under the stairs, dining room, study, kitchen cupboards, utility room ALL have childminding stuff in them, I can't possibly need it all!!!! :panic:

PixiePetal
06-05-2011, 09:38 AM
I am excited for you!

strange what excites us in this job :laughing:

I am waiting for DH to build in shelves/cupboards for me. I have a small playroom but am fed up with having to move boxes off the top of each other to get to the bottom ones :rolleyes:

Twinkle-Toes
06-05-2011, 11:07 AM
That sounds ace!! I am trying to talk hubby into getting a shed for all my stuff but it's not really working....

People just don't understand, yes it's "home based" childcare, yes i have had my own kids but NO it's not exactly the same! My own kids didn't need 3 of everything etc

Small point, was watching a film the other night and it was a rather emotional scene and i turn to my hubby and say "thats ikea trofast storage in the background.....i'd love one of them"....AND im not even registered yet lol :D

cs01
06-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Small point, was watching a film the other night and it was a rather emotional scene and i turn to my hubby and say "thats ikea trofast storage in the background.....i'd love one of them"....AND im not even registered yet lol :D

That's so funny :laughing:

loocyloo
06-05-2011, 11:59 AM

i do that too! and i'm the same with pointing our buggies! mind you DH has started pointing out nice buggies to me too! ( our children are 6 & 9 and he's never been that interested before! )

Alibali
06-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Jealous.com:laughing: :laughing: I'd be excited too x

sandy64
06-05-2011, 12:36 PM
wow that sounds fab great when you get organised lol only hope it stays that way as mine as a way of getting out and moving round the house lol:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

miss mopple
06-05-2011, 12:56 PM
I think such storage beauty warrants a photo online to make us all jealous :D

Tigertots
06-05-2011, 01:00 PM
It sounds great :clapping: :clapping:

buildingblocks
06-05-2011, 01:26 PM
People just don't seem excited when I tell them I have a new toy storage cupboard! I am hoping you guys won't let me down?!

I have had a new boiler and so we have had our cupboard that did house 2 huge water storage tanks (and very little else) gutted, my hubby has shelved them out for me and even put in a light with a sensor so when you open the door, the light comes on!

I usuallly use Ikea Trofast units so for those of you that know the box sizes - each shelf in my new cupboard can hold 6 boxes - 2 shelves are deep enough for the taller boxes, 3 for the medium boxes then at the bottom I have my travel cot, couple of ride ons and couple of dolls buggies. There's corner shelves for all my towels and even some narrow shelves that I have put paints, and take away style plastic boxes with craft bits in. Oh, and there's even room for the hoover and a hook on the back of the door with the highchair hanging on! :clapping:

oooo I love storage lol are there any photos to look at (I know I need to get out more)

buildingblocks
06-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Think it must be a childminding thing and "other" people don't realise how important storage is to us :eek: !!!:

Too true just like a crafter with paper

samb
06-05-2011, 08:53 PM
haha well done everyone you have lived up to and exceeded my expectations! I will see what I can do with photos tomorrow when it's better light - wouldn't want to let it down on a poorly lit photo lol!

Susana0600
06-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Fabulous! I love storage cupboard, helps to keep everything tidy and organised :clapping: lucky girl :laughing:

little miss chatterbox
06-05-2011, 09:56 PM
I think such storage beauty warrants a photo online to make us all jealous :D

I agree!!!!!!

missymood
07-05-2011, 10:51 AM
You lucky girl. We have a large garage with junk in that I would love to turn into my childminding place with a toilet too:D

Tinglesnark
07-05-2011, 12:18 PM
:laughing: i understand completely! my dp is a whizz at making me storage cupboards that look integral to the wall and i am so proud of them (and him, she grudgingly admits :cool: ) that im always pointing them out to visitors that may not have noticed and they sort of look at me in a perplexed manner as if they are wondering if i may need medication... :laughing:

gotta love a man that make you a cupboard!

i am very excited for you! :jump for joy:

NickyKD
07-05-2011, 07:46 PM
I feel your excitement as we did the same thing. We knocked 3 cupboards that backed onto each other into one big walk in toy cupboard. I love it and showed everyone. You enjoy your toy cupboard :)

Demonjill
07-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Awesome :clapping: :clapping:

I love cupboards - its very exciting

I moved from a house with only one real cupboard to speak of to my new house which has loads of useful cupboards up and down stairs:thumbsup:

Enjoy your cupboard :D

moljak
07-05-2011, 08:48 PM
I totally understand your excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've just done out my utility room to utalise the space so the children can now see what I have on offer and help themselves.I also have a craft store area.The kids are loving being able to choose all their modelling stuff.

I was so excited when I popped a photo of toilet rolls onto a box.

My friends didn't understyand either :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

SandCastles
07-05-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm very unorganised at the minute, I have clear storage boxes that are overflowing so the lids will not fit, some go 3 high, and no-one plays with the bottom toys.
I sat in a local nursery today having a first aid course and all I kept thinking about was, how lovely the storage was and how nice the displays were and blah blah blah.
I don't have an ikea near me, but will check online at the storage range you have all mentioned.
Wish i knew a joiner who could make me a storage unit or bookcase.

SandCastles
07-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Wow, just been looking at ikea trofast and I'm very jelous, as it looks ideal for my storage problems, something to think about, pity they don't do home delivery.

alwaysright
07-05-2011, 10:32 PM
sounds like a room in itself!! big cupboard! i'm always looking for new places to store stuff!! the shed, loft, kitchen cupboards, dining room cupboards etc are all packed, wouldnt mind but i have a playroom i just have too much stuff :laughing:

samb
08-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Oh no, I tried to attach a photo but it says it is too big - Not sure how to make it smaller other than putting it into something like publisher and literally changing the size???

buildingblocks
09-05-2011, 06:22 AM
Oh no, I tried to attach a photo but it says it is too big - Not sure how to make it smaller other than putting it into something like publisher and literally changing the size???

I think if you load it into an online programme like photobucket it works or I use a programme on my computer called pixsizer Free to download think someone on here recommended it to me. I am sure there are instructions on the forum somewhere (not sure where though)

TheBTeam
09-05-2011, 07:17 AM
How can people not be excited!!!!:panic: I would love somewhere like that!