PDA

View Full Version : Certificate is here

Jeffercake
05-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi Everyone

My certificate has finally arrived :)

So, thought I'd come back and ask you lovely people for more advice.

Do I go with NCMA or MM for insurance / paperwork? Is it worth joining NCMA?

What are the best places to advertise? I've put an advert on Netmums, Gumtree and Childcare.co.uk.

I was also going to order some cards from Vistaprint and ask local shops to put display them. Anywhere else?

I've got one child booked in to start a.s.a.p. but only one day per week. Got a few more leads but not starting until September. Just wish I could afford to take the summer off!!

Demonjill
05-05-2011, 08:37 PM
:clapping: :clapping: thats fantastic well done :thumbsup:

summer off would be fab

im in scotland (we have SCMA) so dont know about NCMA think from what some say on here they like to start with NCMA then alot move to MM for different reasons.

miffy
05-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Glad you're certificate's arrived and hope you get some more work soon.

I've always been with NCMA, they represent childminders views and campaign for us at local and national level as well as providing insurance and a range of other services.

MM is just an insurance company, but I have heard good reports about the way they support cm's who are having difficulties with getting their fees from parents when a contract has ended.

You can be a member of NCMA and be insured with MM. If you go with NCMA you pay a membership fee as well as your insurance but with MM you only pay for insurance so that works out cheaper.

Miffy xx