PDA

View Full Version : Rant about hubby!!

buzzy bee
05-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Argh!

He came home from work, spent about 10 mins with our v tired LO and said to me (in the garden) "can you take over here cos I'm about to smack his bum"

We've talked about this before and I've told him how important it is not to in my line of work (I'm against it anyway). What if one of the neighbours heard him and got the wrong end of the stick?

I then put LO to bed (having working 11 hours today) then came downstairs and asked him why he was so grumpy. He said "cos I come home to this" and pointed at the washing up.

We don't have a dishwasher. The only housework he does is washing up every evening, but last night he didn't.

When does he expect me to find the time to do all the washing up?!

Argh, men!!

funemnx
05-05-2011, 07:02 PM
That's really unfair of him, how would he like it if you couldn't work, I bet he'd miss the extra income you provide!!!:mad:

mummyof3
05-05-2011, 07:05 PM
That unfortunately is the trouble with working from home we are expected to still do the washing, ironing, cleaning, washing up and all the other jobs whilst we juggle a 10hr day! :angry:

I've had my dh at home recently for 6wks after an op and he has now seen first hand how hard this job is and now is much more tolerant!

Flisspaps
05-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Mine would be read the Riot Act for this.

Remind him that you are actually working, and that because of him not doing the dishes last night, you have had to look at them all day, never mind come home to them.

And if that's the only housework he does, you should tell him to pull his weight a bit more too!

lma
06-05-2011, 10:38 AM
I think your hubby is being very unfair to treat you this way. My hubby tried once to have a go about the mess and got the third degree from me about would he prefer me to go out to work and then have to shell out 2 lots of childcare and the mess (although maybe not as much) would still be there when we both got home. He hasnt made any more remarks but I often see his eyes roll when he come in.:rolleyes:

Tell him he has it easy going to work. Most people work about 8hr days whereas the majority of us work at least 10hr days. They get time do have lunch in peace, go for a cuppa or even go to the toilet in peace. We grab a quick lunch (if we have time) dont often get a chance for a cup of tea and even have kids banging on the door if we go to the toilet.

I watched freaky friday with the kids last week and thought to myself 'oh if only that could happen with me and hubby':rolleyes: He'd see just how hard I work for actually for my money.
Rant over lol

Aimi-jo
06-05-2011, 11:58 AM
I can relate to this. My hubby has 9-5 office job (sitting down all day) and the very thought of bathing our 2 ds is enough to start an argument, They dont realise we are working to!!
If you are helping out financially the he should help out domestically, you both live there and both work so fairsy sharsy. In my opinion. Easier said than done tho.

x x x x

karen m
06-05-2011, 12:34 PM
would just like to say if my oh spoke to me like that about our child they would have the biggest ear bashing when children went home,is it your fault lo one was tired and grumpy,no,my oh has never complained about the mess children make in our home ,he often comes home and helps clean up toys,dishes ,makes meals ,he knows my income is vital to our way of life so therefore accepts these things

The Juggler
06-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Mine would be read the Riot Act for this.

Remind him that you are actually working, and that because of him not doing the dishes last night, you have had to look at them all day, never mind come home to them.

And if that's the only housework he does, you should tell him to pull his weight a bit more too!

I agree. Invite him to take a day off work and watch what you actually do all day and then ask him where you are supposed to find time for housework. My DH works and there would be hell to pay if he didn't do half the household chores - I'd be packing his bags. :angry:

buildingblocks
06-05-2011, 01:48 PM
I feel for you.

I am very lucky with my hubby. He has been 6-2 this week and came home yesterday absolutely shattered and proceeded to wash and dry up the whole days washing up from myself, another childminder and two children (this is normally four or five children) then cook tea as I finish at 6.30. Before driving me to a childminding group meeting and getting home at 9 to go to bed bless him. This is the norm and not a one off.

Occasionally he will refer to 'all this crap everywhere' and I say that's fine I will give up then and spend my days crafting he soon shuts up lol.

He needs to realise how lucky he is if all he has to do is wash up.

Susana0600
06-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Men!!! I am working full time, and my DH does nothing at home and sometimes complaint, I just try to ignore him :angry: