View Full Version : does this make sense?

05-05-2011, 05:49 PM
does this make sense .... i feel as if ive contradicted myself trying to write the permission form for emergency medical treatment

I/We give permission for the childminder to administer first aid assistance to my child as and when necessary or in the event of an emergency to seek medical advice and or treatment in our absence as appropriate. I/we will provide up to date details of contact numbers.

I/we understand that you will not be able to authorise any treatment and that I/we as the child’s next of kin will be contacted by the medics in the event of an emergency to give permission, or in a life threatening situation the medics will act in their professional capacity.

05-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Makes sense to me - seeking treatment or advice could mean calling NHS Direct or taking the child to A&E, but the consent for anything procedural to actually be done (eg taking an X-Ray) has to come from the parent.

05-05-2011, 07:48 PM
I have two different forms - the first is on my general permission form, the second is stored in emergency book which i carry on outings.

Jo & Pru
• Will contact parents as soon as possible and will continue to do the very best for all children at all times
• Will arrange transportation to the Medical Centre, Doctors Surgery, Walk in Clinic or Accident & Emergency Department as necessary
• Will provide medics with details of any known allergies, intolerances or fears
I give permission for Jo & Pru to seek emergency medical treatment for my child. Signed ...

Name of child: __________________________
I __________________________ give permission for Jo & Pru to seek emergency medical treatment for my child and provide consent for medics to administer drugs to my child in my absence. Signed ...

Hope this helps and makes sense! xx