PDA

View Full Version : Probably the silliest question ever asked on here!

md0u0131
05-05-2011, 10:20 AM
But those of you who mind other children as well as your own what do you call yourself?

I keep accidenatlly calling myself "Mummy" the whole time as its what I'm used to with my own child but then it feels wrong calling msyelf "Claire" to my own child too.

aaaaaagh - the things they don't tell you in training :)

pinkbutterfly
05-05-2011, 10:47 AM
My own call me MUM for others Anna. I don't often say my own name btw ...

WibbleWobble
05-05-2011, 10:50 AM
i am mandy to all my mindees,,,,but that can sound like "mom", "maddy" and just "dee"

my children are all grown up so i dont have the mummy/mandy problem.

The only problem i have is not calling OH Uncle Phil.....even when the mindees are not around. Think it got bad when i called him uncle phil whilst we were in bed.....:blush:

ooh...that does look bad doesnt it?

mandy xx

OrlandoBelle
05-05-2011, 10:52 AM
i am mandy to all my mindees,,,,but that can sound like "mom", "maddy" and just "dee"

The only problem i have is not calling OH Uncle Phil.....even when the mindees are not around. Think it got bad when i called him uncle phil whilst we were in bed.....:blush:

mandy xx

I think my OH would actually like it if I did that! Hahaha :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

caz3007
05-05-2011, 11:00 AM
iThe only problem i have is not calling OH Uncle Phil.....even when the mindees are not around. Think it got bad when i called him uncle phil whilst we were in bed.....:blush:

mandy xx

Heheheh you made me laugh, and I needed that. I had visions of a crucial point and you saying 'ooohhh Uncle Phil' :laughing: :laughing:

Minstrel
05-05-2011, 12:08 PM
But those of you who mind other children as well as your own what do you call yourself?

I keep accidenatlly calling myself "Mummy" the whole time as its what I'm used to with my own child but then it feels wrong calling msyelf "Claire" to my own child too.

aaaaaagh - the things they don't tell you in training :)

I don't talk about myself in the third person! :panic:

I just say me and they call me wahtever comes first mummy or my name.

Rubybubbles
05-05-2011, 12:16 PM
my ds didn't call me mummy until he was 2 1/2 yet would call me Rubybubs all the time!

I always say my name to the children, am I weird?

LOOPYLISA
05-05-2011, 12:17 PM

mandy xx

:laughing: :laughing:

marnieb
05-05-2011, 12:57 PM
all my littilies find it hard, as my name is so similar to mummy at the best of times!!!

rigth now dd (2yrs) calls me 'marnie'' and finds it hilarious...... I do correct her, telling her mindees can call me that, but I'm her mummy. I find it a bit sad and upsetting, tbh!

Vickster
05-05-2011, 01:29 PM
I rarely refer to myself in the 3rd person just because I don't want to confuse my 22 month old daughter. My two older mindees call me Vicky and my Little mindee is only saying a few words. My DD does call me Vicky from time to time and finds it hilarious....

karen m
05-05-2011, 01:38 PM
my children are all adults now but my grandson finds it so funny to call me karen like the other mindees if he is in a particulary funny mood away from minding he calls me karen then laughs but mainly remembers i am his nan

Hayley102
05-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I had that difficulty when my own children were pre-school but I gently corrected/reminded them if they called me Hayley and the young mindees if they called me Mummy. They soon get used to it!

Flisspaps
05-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Mummy to DD and my first name to mindees.

However, DD calls me Daddy :D

PixiePetal
05-05-2011, 05:01 PM
they call me by my name :)

get the occasional 'mummy' by mistake but I just say my name and they soon pick it up.

my children were never confused and never said my name but told the children to 'give it to my mummy' etc

mind you DS called his dad John for a good while and a mindee calls his dad by his Christian name :rolleyes:

I had a friend who, when we were both nannies, had a child who could not say her name (sharon) and called her Butter :rolleyes: goodness knows why! not even similar - they agreed to Nanny until her speech progressed as butter was just plain daft :laughing:

hello kitty
05-05-2011, 05:53 PM
I had a mindee who used to called me Quaver!!! My name is nothing like that!! Don't know where it came from either. :rolleyes:

alwaysright
05-05-2011, 08:16 PM
my own daughter always called me mum/mummy but funnily called her dad john, i think she just copied what the mindees called him but didnt do it with me! it used to raise some questions as people would say "i thought john was her dad!!" ermmm he is!! :laughing: she did it for years and it then sounded odd when she started to call him dad!

WibbleWobble
05-05-2011, 08:32 PM
my mum and dad were at uni when i was born (they had a shotgun wedding!) and i called my dad "harry". so i lived with mummy and harry!

ok..not much of a problem but....this was the 1960s when being unmarried and having a child was just not on!

i started calling him daddy when my brother was born 4 years later

mandy xxx

Gizmo
05-05-2011, 09:18 PM
one of my mindees calls me mum, and calls her mum Joy

Pauline
06-05-2011, 06:55 AM
my children are all adults now but my grandson finds it so funny to call me karen like the other mindees if he is in a particulary funny mood away from minding he calls me karen then laughs but mainly remembers i am his nan

Same here, our grandson often finds it funny to call us Graham and Pauline but he knows it is not correct because he laughs! sometimes the other younger children call us Granny and Grandad because they hear what he is calling us, it must be confusing for all of them.

We don't make a big thing of correcting them, if one of them says "Granny can you do this" I just say "Pauline" and then do it.

Mollymop
06-05-2011, 07:34 AM
I have accidentally said "mummy" a few times but correct it straight away. I have had mindees call me "mummy" but i correct them straight away.
I am only Mummy to my own children and the others I mind know I am my children's mummy. I am my own name to all the mindees x

Chell
11-05-2011, 08:01 PM
I tend to swap between Mummy and Chell. Mindee calls me Mummy by mistake, my two year old calls me Chell as she thinks it is funny and my oldest mindee calls me Miss as he forgets he isn't at school!

Baildon bears
11-05-2011, 08:16 PM
My mindees call me Hannah, my youngest son thinks Its funny to call me mummy Hannah. When I am miles away daydreaming he calls me Hannah to get my attention, it always works. I tell him there are only two special people in this world that can call me mummy.

mummyof3
11-05-2011, 08:33 PM
My full time mindee calls me mummy ALL the time. I correct him every time as well but after 13mths he still says mummy :laughing: Mum said he calls grandad mummy as well :laughing:

Lady Haha
11-05-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm Janis to the mindees and Mum to my son! My son did used to call me Janis sometimes by mistake, but he hasn't done that for ages now!

The kids I have here are all schoolies so they are old enough to work it out!