PDA

View Full Version : Do you charge for your time off?

peach
05-05-2011, 09:46 AM
I used to do half fee if im off and half if the child is off with a limit of 4 weeks a year but i have one parent take 15 weeks off and I alowed her to have it at half as she was going through a split with the childs farther but when I took a week off she refused to pay me at all in the end it ended with a contract termination.

I now do it full if there off and nothing if Im off

Just curious of what anyone else does?

Thanks x

kel1983
05-05-2011, 09:50 AM
I charge half fee if they take it off ( Sickness or holiday) and no fees if I take the time off.

Which I am wishing I didnt do with one now. The mum seems to take loads of time of work because she is always ill. Also I think nurseries charge still if the children are off.

caz3007
05-05-2011, 09:52 AM
I charge full fee for sickness, half for mine and their holidays with a maximum of 3 weeks either side. Any more than 3 weeks of their holiday they would pay full fee

guest4
05-05-2011, 09:56 AM
My fees go as follows:

Sickness -(Mindee) Full Price
Sickness- (Me) No Charge
Holidays- (Mindee, if 4 weeks notice given) No Charge
Holidays- (Me) No Charge

Hope this helps

Tracey x

marnieb
05-05-2011, 10:08 AM
I do -

Mindee sickness - full fee

Mindee holiday with 4 weeks notice - 75% of usual fee, full fee if less notice.

My sickness and holiday - no fee

Cammie Doodle
05-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Mine is as follows:
Existing Parents/ Child
Child / Parent Sick Full Fee
Me sick No Fee
My Hols No Fee
Their Hols (up to max 4 weeks ) Half Fee Then More than 4Weeks Full Fee , this was done as I have some Parents who are Civil Servants and between them can have 12 weeks and more holidays, which meant losing lots of earnings

Newbies are :

Same as above except holidays, my new rule is they pay full except when Im off either on Holiday or Sick, everyone seems ok with this, I have just not been brave enough to get all Parents on to this :blush: , so have decided to do it with any new families, I have taken 2 on and they are both fine with this

FussyElmo
05-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Parents who want a term time contract half price in the holidays if the child is off sick full.

All year contracts full pay for their holidays,sickness etc.

No charge on either contract if I am on holiday/sickness etc.

Mouse
05-05-2011, 10:44 AM
I say that if I'm available to work, they pay the full contracted fee, whether or not the child comes. That covers their holiday, sickness, occassional days off and late starts or early finishes. If I'm not available (holiday, sickness or occasional day off) they don't pay. It seems the simplest way of explaining it to parents.

Cammie Doodle
05-05-2011, 11:07 AM
I say that if I'm available to work, they pay the full contracted fee, whether or not the child comes. That covers their holiday, sickness, occassional days off and late starts or early finishes. If I'm not available (holiday, sickness or occasional day off) they don't pay. It seems the simplest way of explaining it to parents.

Beautifully put Mouse, and I will use that statement at next inerveiw with potential parents :thumbsup:

grindal
05-05-2011, 11:44 AM
I work term time only and give parents the term dates I work to as soon as I receive them from DSs school. During term time I charge full fees unless I am closed as a result of me or DS1 or 2 being unwell - so any days off for mindees for sickness, holidays, days out with family etc are charged at full fees.
I do not charge for school holidays -

rickysmiths
05-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Full fee for their holiday
Full fee for 5 weeks and Bank Holidays for me
Full fee for their or their childs sickness
No fee for my sickness
Term time only contracts get 8 weeks a year at 1/2 fee retainer (the other 5 weeks of the holiday is full fee)

singingcactus
05-05-2011, 01:48 PM
I charge for hours attended.

emma04
05-05-2011, 03:03 PM
I dont charge when i am off sick or on holiday and i don't charge for bank holidays. However, all fees are payable should the child be off sick, on holiday (not including b/hols), or not just not attending (when the parents are off and decide to keep them home!......Doesn't happen often:rolleyes: !)

carol cameron
05-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Full fee is charged all year round for children who attend all year round (term time and hols) EXCEPT for 4 weeks half fee when I take my holidays.

I don't charge during the holidays for term time only contracts but they do pay every term time week without exception. I do charge full fee for Bank holidays for everyone- and don't work them.

If I am off sick or need additional time eg to attend a funeral I don't charge at all.

I used to do half fee when children were off but learned the hard way when two sets of parents took 12 and 15 weeks holiday ( one comment was because they were skint and needed the tax credit money to pay bills). I lost so much money that year that I have toughened up since:)

jane5
05-05-2011, 07:09 PM
I need to know how much I will be earning every month so

My sickness or my childs sickness = no fee
My holidays = no fee
Their sickness = full fee
Their holidays = full fee
Bank holidays if they dont attend = full fee
Bank holidays if they do attend = double fee

All of my parents have been fine with this. I tell them I have 4 weeks holidays and I am open for the other 48 weeks and if I am open they pay, this will include if they can not get to me because of snow and bad weather.

peach
06-05-2011, 12:13 PM
thank you x

I have 1 long standing mum who is still on half and half but she is good we tend to take em off at the same time.

all the others I now have on the full if there off and nothing for me being off

I thought i was being unreasonable because of the way a parent acted but now I know im not lol

:thumbsup:

Helcatt
06-05-2011, 04:25 PM
If I'm available, I get paid, so if they are sick (parents or child) or just don't come for some reason

If I am not available, holidays or sick (me or my children) then I don't charge

I have been thinking about changing this so that I do start charging new parents when I am on holiday (up to 4 weeks and any more unpaid)

Hx

missymood
06-05-2011, 07:51 PM
4 weeks 1/2 pay for me:D
I need a break sometimes:thumbsup:

appleblossom
06-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Sickness -Mindee: Full Price

Sickness- Me: No Charge

Holidays- Me: No Charge. I don't work Bank Hols so no charge for those either.

Holidays- Mindee: if 4 weeks notice is given half pay up to 4 weeks per year.
Less than four weeks or no notice: full fee. Any weeks over the four week per year limit: full fee.

miffy
07-05-2011, 07:06 AM
I used to do half fee if im off and half if the child is off with a limit of 4 weeks a year but i have one parent take 15 weeks off and I alowed her to have it at half as she was going through a split with the childs farther but when I took a week off she refused to pay me at all in the end it ended with a contract termination.

I now do it full if there off and nothing if Im off

Just curious of what anyone else does?

Thanks x

I charge full if parents are off, nothing for my holidays but I do put that I have two weeks paid holiday a year, this is to stop parents always co-inciding their holidays with mine so they never have to pay :rolleyes:

If I was charging half fee for their holidays and half fee for mine then I would limit the number of weeks they could have at half rate.

Miffy xx