PDA

View Full Version : At last!

Flisspaps
04-05-2011, 08:15 PM
HOORAY!

Had an enquiry tonight for a nearly 5 year old to do respite and weekends, family are very local and it looks/sounds promising, they're coming for a visit. :D

Within seconds of me putting down the phone to Mum, my odd-hours mindee's Dad phoned me and she is now going to come all day on a Monday instead of doing a split day.

Last week an ex-colleague phoned and asked me to take on her DS full time when she goes back to work.

And to top it off, a friend of a friend who registered when I did has finally got some mindees in too :D

So pleased, about time that things started looking up.

missymood
04-05-2011, 08:28 PM
That's great :thumbsup:

Pixie dust
04-05-2011, 08:43 PM
That's good news :clapping:

littletreasures
04-05-2011, 08:46 PM
That's great

Demonjill
04-05-2011, 08:56 PM
That all sounds fab:clapping:

Flisspaps
05-05-2011, 03:25 PM
And on it goes...ANOTHER phone call this morning for a one-off mindee next week!

They really are like buses, aren't they?!:D

Flisspaps
09-05-2011, 07:37 PM
CHEEK :angry:

Neither turned up for their visit yesterday - one got in touch after with a genuine reason so rearranged. The other phoned last night to say he 'forgot' to come, so I put my 'be nice' hat on and arranged a visit for 4.30pm tonight, but told him it would be a quick visit as I had other things to do - this was only for a one-off 3 hour minding on Tuesday while he took his driving test so nothing in-depth really needed.

4.30pm came and went.

5.15pm he phones, 'Can I come now?'

No, we arranged for 4.30pm as DD is having her tea and then going to bed. Told him I couldn't see him at all tonight and that I wasn't willing to take the child tomorrow, he'd have to find alternative care.

'But it was raining, I think you can do it'

Raining? He lives about 250m from my house!

No I flipping can't, not worth the hassle for 3 hours work - can you imagine, he'd either turn up and not pay or turn up hours late and not pay the late fees which would be hefty. What's the betting he turns up at 10am expecting to leave the child here (only to find I've forgotten how to answer the door)

miffy
09-05-2011, 08:30 PM
That's work you can do without!!!!

Hope the other one turns up next time

Miffy xx