PDA

View Full Version : Polling Day Tomorrow

Bitsy Beans
04-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Soooooooo how many of you are planning on taking your mindees to local Polling station? I was planning on taking mindee (with my own kids) as part of KUW and to see the democratic process first hand. I suspect though most of it will go over her head :o

Now I just need to make sure I put the correct paper in the correct ballot box, unlike last time :o

Flisspaps
04-05-2011, 08:24 PM
I am, although I suspect that at 11mo, she won't be interested in anything other than trying to grab the paper itself!

mushpea
04-05-2011, 08:28 PM
I am not voting but even if I was I would have a 14month old, 2 yrold that cant stand still a 3yrold who would probably have a paddy for some bizare reason that noone would be able to predict and a 10yrold with adhd that cant keep still for a nano second:laughing: hence part of the reason I wont be voting!

missymood
04-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Think of me at 6.30 setting up the poling station.
No mindees tomorow so working there til 10pm:eek:

caz3007
04-05-2011, 09:38 PM
I have taken the children with me to vote before, but not sure if will tomorrow as may be taking LO to be weighed at the clinic and its in opposite direction :) Will probably go with hubby later

Dragonfly
05-05-2011, 06:27 AM
voted at 7am, didnt want to take mindees although there is no reason why you cant.

Cammie Doodle
05-05-2011, 06:53 AM
I will vote later with Hubby as only have 2 babies today, so cant see they would benefit, but if I had older ones I would take them. I HAVE to vote as I have been brought up beleiving no vote is a wasted vote lol My Gran used to tell me that woman fought long and hard for us girls to be allowed to vote so dont have all their hard work and dedication go to waste lol , she was a funny old thing Bless her Heart , she always come to mind on Voting days :D

Flisspaps
05-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Your Granny was quite right June.

I fully believe that as women suffered for the right for other women to so much as enter the Polling Station and be given that slip of paper, it is an insult to not even go to the Polling Station - you can return a blank ballot or spoil your paper if you don't want to make a choice.

rickysmiths
05-05-2011, 07:28 AM
I am, although I suspect that at 11mo, she won't be interested in anything other than trying to grab the paper itself!

Thats me! 1 8mth and one 13mth!

rickysmiths
05-05-2011, 08:21 AM
I am not voting but even if I was I would have a 14month old, 2 yrold that cant stand still a 3yrold who would probably have a paddy for some bizare reason that noone would be able to predict and a 10yrold with adhd that cant keep still for a nano second:laughing: hence part of the reason I wont be voting!

The poll doesn't close until 10pm could you not pop down after work? Women lost their lives to give us the right to vote it seems a shame to waste it? Perhaps it would be easier for you to register for a postal vote. All you do for that is tick a box on the form that comes to your house from the council once a year to check on who the people over 18 are in your home?

I must confess I think we should do what Australia does and make it complusory to vote with a heafty fine if you don't. They have to vote wherever they are in the world by going into their nearest Embassy.

Mrs Pootle
05-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Took mindee with me this morning, he thought it was great fun squeezing into the little booth with me. Even helped to post the ballot paper!

ChocolateChip
05-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Me and oh have registered for postal voting, because of his (and sometImes mine) awkward working hours, works a treat for us!