PDA

View Full Version : Numbers.

Gracie's mamma
04-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Ofsted have said i am allowed no more than 5 children.

no more then 3 can be in the early years ?? whats that ??

and of those not one can be over a year .

My daughter is 8 next week , what does all this mean ??

:blush:

christine e
04-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Ofsted have said i am allowed no more than 5 children.

no more then 3 can be in the early years ?? whats that ??

and of those not one can be over a year .

My daughter is 8 next week , what does all this mean ??

:blush:

If your daughter is not 8 til next week then this is correct only 5 under 8 of which no more than 3 can be in the early years (0 - 5 years) think if you check it will then state that with regard to the 3 in the early years no more than one child can be under the age of one year.

Next week when your daughter turns 8 you need to contact Ofsted who should then increase your certificate to say no more than 6 children under 8 years and which no more than 3 can be in the early years and of those 3 no more than one can be under 0ne year.

Cx

Gracie's mamma
04-05-2011, 03:37 PM
If your daughter is not 8 til next week then this is correct only 5 under 8 of which no more than 3 can be in the early years (0 - 5 years) think if you check it will then state that with regard to the 3 in the early years no more than one child can be under the age of one year.

Next week when your daughter turns 8 you need to contact Ofsted who should then increase your certificate to say no more than 6 children under 8 years and which no more than 3 can be in the early years and of those 3 no more than one can be under 0ne year.

Cx
So . . . i'm allowed 5 children under 8 yrs old ?? and 3 of those 5 can be between 0-5 yrs with one being under 1 year ??? is that right ??

Goatgirl
04-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Hi :),
Hasn't this stuff been explained to you on your introductory course?!
Early years covers children from 0 to 5 years and ends on the 31st august after the child's 5th birthday for delivering EYFS. However once an EYFS child is in full time education, they no longer count as under 5 for calculating your numbers: they count as under 8, so you can increase by 1 the number you have under 5...

You are usually allowed a maximum of 6 under 8 yrs. If you have a child of your own under 8 that child will count in your numbers, even if they are not present in your setting.
Of your total of 6 children, only 3 of them can be under 5. Out of these 3 children, only one can be under a year old.

I don't think I've exlained that very well: hopefully some one else will :thumbsup:

bws,
Wendy :)

Gracie's mamma
04-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Yes it was probally explained to me and it has been explained to me 1000 times but i still can't grasp it :panic:

mama2three
04-05-2011, 03:47 PM
So . . . i'm allowed 5 children under 8 yrs old ?? and 3 of those 5 can be between 0-5 yrs with one being under 1 year ??? is that right ??

Yes , - and from your daughters birthday ( or actually when you get new cert) you can have 6 under 8years , still 3 of those between 0 and 5.