PDA

View Full Version : Inspection on Fri

Heaven Scent
27-04-2008, 06:43 PM
As expected Ofsted came on Fri and it was a bit of a disaster really - I slept in and woke at 7.14 just in time for a quick shower before mindees came. Dad brought little fella without sleep doggie said he thought it was here since Thursday. Went looking for it what a disaster toys everywhere plus last evenings paperwork all over floor when the bell went.

I said too many toys in here and said I need to catagorise them and have a rota of 4 different weekly boxes.

Then my baby came and I forgot to put him in reg - inspector had it so forgot. He had been up all night teething so was very clingy and not ready to sleep either then she asked me loads and loads of questions. After and hour or so we went into kitchen for snack and she was given a coffee in a lidded cup (she refused the one offered on arrival!!!!) I got the 3year old to get out snack things and gave her a plastic knife so she could chop up her apple slices into smaller pieces. After snack I gave them some noodles to play with and the baby finally went to bed - the other two had a great time with the noodles and I started to prepare dinner and inspector asked endless questions - I think she got fed up with the brother and sister flinging noodles all over the place and finally left telling me she'd be happy to give me a grading of good and told me I was doing a marvellous job and that it was very difficult with the age range I was looking after - she said she had no doubt that I was a marvellous childminder. _ During our conversation over snack I told her I didn't agree with all the paperwork the EYFS will mean for childminders as it will infringe on our minding time and she agreed and said that Ofsted love it but it was ridiculous. I told her I am working on developing a clear but conscice method of recording childrens achievements etc.

The only thing that she said she would recommend me to do is remove some of the toys from the play room and I agreed with her.

She also made a bit of an issue about the fact that the one year old and 3 year old Bro & sis fought over the dolls buggy - it was merely a bit of sibling rivalry and very managable with a bit of bribary and corruption.

Anyway for the next 3 years I will be classed as a good childminder and I'm happy with that.

I must admit I felt totally deflated when she left I just wanted to cry and on Saturday morning when woke up I was as stiff as a poker and did nothing all day. I was the same today when I woke and did very little today also I just hadn't realised just how stressed I was.

Well the decorators are coming to re-decorate the landing, hall and stairs tomorrow and I presume somone will be here to sort out the bathroom after that and if all goes well everything will be done before I go on holiday.

And I can come back to just the usual chaos that I am used to living with.

Only 1 full week and 2 part weeks to go till I go on Holiday - Sheer Bliss.

Celine

angeldelight
27-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Well done Celine

Sarah started a thread the other day for you

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8035

Angel xx

mum22
27-04-2008, 06:47 PM
But you got a good - that is fantastic - no more stress for a while - you should feel very proud of yourself - take a step back and realise - you are great at what you do ! and you have the report to prove it = well done you

:clapping: x Helen

mumtodaniel
27-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Well done Celine, great work. I know what you mean about the stress, and the relief - it does take a lot out of you.

Enjoy the rest of your evening and countdown to your holiday.

breezy
27-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Well done, you can relax for the next 3 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Lou
27-04-2008, 07:26 PM
well done thats a great result, relax and look forward to hols xx

Monkey1
27-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Well done Celine! You can relax for your holiday now! Where are you going?

Spangles
27-04-2008, 07:43 PM
That's brilliant Celine, well done!

Try and chill out and take it easy now for a while!

ruby
27-04-2008, 08:42 PM
well done Celine on getting a good:clapping: :clapping:

now you can go away and enjoy your holiday

cathy

donnahay0
27-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Well done Celine,

You can relax now and what a reward for - a nice holiday to look forward to. Lucky you for having the decorators in, I have to do my own and it never quite gets finished.

Heaven Scent
27-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Going to Dominican Republic for 2 weeks and the decorators are coming in because of a leak which has wrecked the landing hall and bathroom - cud have done without it really and I loved the decor and had great difficulty finding similar paper but different if you know what I mean - I live in an older house and all the wallpapers are very modern. Also I'm usually the one who does all the decorating in this house so yes it is a treat for someone else to do it.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes though - its really nice of you all.

I feel now that I can finally get on with the real business of childminding if you know what I mean.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

ChocolateChip
29-04-2008, 01:36 AM
I feel now that I can finally get on with the real business of childminding if you know what I mean.

Yes, Celine, I know exactly what you mean!Well done, that's a great result, relax and enjoy that holiday now, you deserve it!
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

2045amanda
29-04-2008, 09:22 AM
:clapping: :clapping: Congratulations!!

Amanda:)