PDA

View Full Version : Lascal maxi buggy board fits my Phil and Teds E3 ... with doubles kit!!!

Katiekoo
04-05-2011, 02:21 PM
I thought I'd chance the purchase of the 2nd hand buggy board after reading the info on the website stating it was going to be a low quality fit. I was going to get a buggy pod but the expense put me off. Anyway the buggy board arrived - I fitted it using a little common sense and the extenders. It does not interfere with my brakes or the rear doubles seat. I have fitted it to the horizontal bar that the doubles kit attaches to rather than the axel itself which is below. This way it is out the way of the brakes!
So after a few road tests I would say that - yes I do have to push at arms length, but it's not uncomfortable, and - yes my daughter (2 and 1/2 years) has quite a small space to fit around the top of the doubles seat at the back. But it solves my problem of how to help my dd on mid lenghth walks when her legs get tired. I wouldn't use it for a very long walk, it would probably become uncomfortable for me and dd, but for mid length walks (25 mins) it seems great so far!

Buzz Lightyear
04-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Yep, I have one for my P&T Sport and it's fab. Definitely solved the problem with LO would get tired and no longer walk as my arms could no longer take the carrying mid-way back.

Would reccommend others getting one too if they are in two minds, they are suitable :thumbsup:

nicola1981
04-05-2011, 06:48 PM
I thought I'd chance the purchase of the 2nd hand buggy board after reading the info on the website stating it was going to be a low quality fit. I was going to get a buggy pod but the expense put me off. Anyway the buggy board arrived - I fitted it using a little common sense and the extenders. It does not interfere with my brakes or the rear doubles seat. I have fitted it to the horizontal bar that the doubles kit attaches to rather than the axel itself which is below. This way it is out the way of the brakes!
So after a few road tests I would say that - yes I do have to push at arms length, but it's not uncomfortable, and - yes my daughter (2 and 1/2 years) has quite a small space to fit around the top of the doubles seat at the back. But it solves my problem of how to help my dd on mid lenghth walks when her legs get tired. I wouldn't use it for a very long walk, it would probably become uncomfortable for me and dd, but for mid length walks (25 mins) it seems great so far!

do you have a photo?

Katiekoo
04-05-2011, 07:21 PM
I will endevour to take one or two! :)

Vickster
20-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Just seen your photos as I am buying one. Thanks for sharing.

blue bear
20-11-2011, 08:49 PM
What are the extender bars do you buy them as extra ?

Vickster
28-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Just fitted mine, to be road tested tomorrow on the school pick up!

dizgrace
28-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Hi is this one of the side by side strollers? I have recently bought one of these myself but need a buggy board that will fit a stroller that wide!

Jo Jo
01-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi is this one of the side by side strollers? I have recently bought one of these myself but need a buggy board that will fit a stroller that wide!

I have a double instep nipper and the lascal maxi buggy board fits perfectly :thumbsup:

Sweetpea
03-03-2013, 09:48 AM
I have a double instep nipper and the lascal maxi buggy board fits perfectly :thumbsup:

With the nipper, does the child have to squeeze their heads thought the gap between the handle and the pram?

Do you have the board on one side of the pram and you walk the other side.

Or do you have the board in the middle?

Thanks

AgentTink
03-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Hi sweetpea, I fitted my lascal maxi board to my nipper yesterday and it is by far the best pram for the buggy board. You fit it in the middle and the child's head goes up between the handle bar and the pram. My little girl is three and a half and she could easily fit in the gap, just needed to turn head sideways to get in. The great thing is because on the nipper the handle bar comes way back you do not need to change the way you walk and push the pram as the board is out of the way