PDA

View Full Version : New NMS for Wales Help!!

tilly2
04-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Hiya all,
Does anyone know if we have to write polices for the new additional 3 standards?? 8, 14 & 21?? and if we will be getting a hard copy of the new standards as it seems alot to print out!!
:littleangel:

Polly2
04-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Standard 8: settling in policy, behaviour management policy
Standard 14: write an operational plan
Standard 21: I don't think you need any policies to cover this one

Thats what I have done anyway, anyone please say if they know any different - its new to all of us!

I hope they bring out a hard copy, but I have printed mine as I needed to 'have it in my hands' :thumbsup:

tulip0803
04-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Standard 8: settling in policy, behaviour management policy
Standard 14: write an operational plan
Standard 21: I don't think you need any policies to cover this one

Thats what I have done anyway, anyone please say if they know any different - its new to all of us!

I hope they bring out a hard copy, but I have printed mine as I needed to 'have it in my hands' :thumbsup:

I agree with the above:thumbsup:

tilly2
04-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks all thats great!! I may sound duh!! but whats an operational plan??:clapping:

tulip0803
04-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Thanks all thats great!! I may sound duh!! but whats an operational plan??:clapping:

There are some other threads with info on operational plans here (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=79800) and here (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=80872)

They are new to us all so it is going to take some time to understand what inspectors want of us.

webbthomas
04-05-2011, 06:05 PM
I've discovered the link below which is great ... contact them by 'phone or mail and they'll send you a hard copy of the Welsh Assembly Gov documents listed on their website within a couple of days - I've recently obtained my new standards and regs through here - saved me loads in printing :thumbsup:

Also, can someone point me in the right direction for where it states we should hold a "Settling In Policy" please? In my application to CSSIW, I have made particular mention of the procedures I will be using for settling in (as requested) but I haven't written a specific Settling In Policy :eek: , so may be I should?

http://wales.gov.uk/publications/publicationscentre/?lang=en

tilly2
04-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Thanks again!! I don't remember seeing a request to write a settling in policy I just heard someone say we needed one so I wrote one for my last inspection.:littleangel:

Polly2
04-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Standard 8:
8.5 The settling-in process and separation from parents or carers minimises distress and anxiety

I have written one in response to this statement. It doesn't specifically state you need one but i thought it best as evidence I have thought about it.

Thanks for the link I will look into that :thumbsup:

webbthomas
04-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks, as always, Polly2 :)

tilly2
05-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Hiya Webbthomas thanks for the link, I contacted them for a copy of the standards and they say there isn't a hard copy..??

webbthomas
05-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Hiya Webbthomas thanks for the link, I contacted them for a copy of the standards and they say there isn't a hard copy..??

Hi Tilly2
Not sure what's happening here then as I've had two copies from them in the post, following a request. :rolleyes:

tilly2
05-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Hi Tilly2
Not sure what's happening here then as I've had two copies from them in the post, following a request. :rolleyes:

hiya webbthomas, I've emailed them again.. thanks again for your help!!:littleangel: