PDA

View Full Version : silly question

nicola1981
04-05-2011, 11:29 AM
ok i have a 4hr min charge and have interest from a family for care from 730-930 and will be charging them 4 hours so till 1130

am i free to take on another mindee from 930 or 1130?

JCrakers
04-05-2011, 11:42 AM
I would say if your contract states a minimum of 4hrs payment but they only want the 2hrs then you can take on another mindee after their hours have finished....

If they want the 2hrs and possibly may want the other 2hrs on occasion then you would have to keep it open as they are paying for it.

becky x

Pipsqueak
04-05-2011, 11:47 AM
I would say that if they are paying for those hours till 11.30 then they may at some point want to use them - therefore seeing as you are taking payment for them you are effectively charging a retainer.
So no I would say to being able to take on others.... however if their contracted hours are till 9.30 .. if you haven't told them that they could potentially use those extra two..........
difficult one

I charge 2hrs min charge in a day - however anything under 4hrs is an enhanced rate......

Goatgirl
04-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi nicola,
if you haven't yet signed a contract with the first family I would just word it so that you are charging the equivalent of 4 hours fees for the 2 hours.

So say your hrly rate is £3, state that the contracted hours are 9.30 till 11.30 and since fewer than 4 hours are needed, they will be payable at your minimum charge of £12 per session. (this particular session being 2 hrs, 9.30 till 11.30)

Or charged at £6 per hour: the enhanced rate you charge when fewer than 4 hours per day are contracted.

That way the hours are fixed and you can slot other mindees around them.

Be careful though: if you have one being collected at the same time another is due to arrive and one is late or early you may inadvertently put yourself over numbers ....

best wishes,
Wendy :)

nicola1981
04-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi nicola,
if you haven't yet signed a contract with the first family I would just word it so that you are charging the equivalent of 4 hours fees for the 2 hours.

So say your hrly rate is £3, state that the contracted hours are 9.30 till 11.30 and since fewer than 4 hours are needed, they will be payable at your minimum charge of £12 per session. (this particular session being 2 hrs, 9.30 till 11.30)

Or charged at £6 per hour: the enhanced rate you charge when fewer than 4 hours per day are contracted.

That way the hours are fixed and you can slot other mindees around them.

Be careful though: if you have one being collected at the same time another is due to arrive and one is late or early you may inadvertently put yourself over numbers ....

best wishes,
Wendy :)

Thanks i will do that, my normal fee is £3.20 per hour

They only want to use till 930 so I will take on another mindee from 10.00 - i have to drop child at nursery for 930.

No contracts have been signed just had an initial visit

nicola1981
04-05-2011, 12:18 PM
my usual rate is 320ph and my weekend rate is 420ph so to have an enhanced rate of 600ph seems a lot, would 500ph for the 2 hours be more reasonable and in line with my other fees

arrghh its never simple lol

Goatgirl
04-05-2011, 12:58 PM
:),
I think if you just explain that it is instead of charging for the whole day or a 5 hour session, it wont seem as much. It is alot as an hourly rate, but if they needed 4 hours or more it would be very low! Remember this is just for the wording on the contract. You could always do it the 4 hour way till you get someone to fill the hours after this little one goes home and when you do, just reduce the rate for the initial family if you prefer to do it that way. Its whatever you feel comfortable with but not undervaluing yourself :)

I charge an enhanced rate in some circumstances: my hourly rate is £3.75; the enhanced rate for few or ad hoc hours is £5.00... and I will soon be charging session rates for before and after school which will be equivalent to £5 hr