PDA

View Full Version : How many travel cots??

levason
04-05-2011, 10:00 AM
May seem an odd question but how many travel cots do you use? I currently have two which are both set up in my sons room, but Im thinking of having one down stairs to act as a playpen when needed, as all my mindee's are under 15 months so as you can imagine if i need to leave the room for the loo I need somewhere safe for them as they are all crawlers or nearly crawlers or should I just continue to use the high chairs, although this can be a bit of a palava at times, mmm, the logistics of it all can be a right puzzler at times, btw, they are all sleeping at the mo hence why I have 5 mins!! ooh and I just realised Im bursting for a wee!!:laughing:

birch24
04-05-2011, 10:36 AM
I have 2 as I only ever have 2 asleep at once at the momment. I leave crawlers in the lounge/play area as they are quite safe whilst I pop to the loo for a minute or 2. I always check everything before leaving them and make sure stair gates are closed etc. A travel cot would be quite cramped I think, for more than one toddler/crawler at a time. It might be safer for them to be left in a secure room.

:D

Helen79
04-05-2011, 11:10 AM
I only have 2 travel cots as I also only have 2 every asleep at the same time int he bedrooms.
I leave crawlers alone for a few mins to nip to the loo etc. They're probably safer left to crawl than put in a highchair where they could escape and fall.

aunt sally
04-05-2011, 11:27 AM
I have one cot upstairs and a travel cot in the study. I would only put one child in the cot at a time though even if I'm nipping to the loo. I wouldn't leave any age baby/toddler in a highchair as its too much a risk. As others have said its better to leave the crawlers on the floor in a secure room.

jaja
04-05-2011, 12:10 PM
I would be carefull when leaving them to pop to the loo, i did in my inspection, my dd and anothe lo who was 3 were in the lounge, completely safe and in my inspection she said i left the children unsupervised, i asked what she would have done and she said take them with you!!!!!! i asked the mum and she said no way hes nearly 4 and i wouldnt want him going to the loo with you, just like i thought, he was too big for a travel cot and my dd was playing nicely with each other too. so just be carefull when nipping to the loo..... my loo was just outside the lounge door too....

xxx

Rubybubbles
04-05-2011, 01:38 PM
I would be carefull when leaving them to pop to the loo, i did in my inspection, my dd and anothe lo who was 3 were in the lounge, completely safe and in my inspection she said i left the children unsupervised, i asked what she would have done and she said take them with you!!!!!! i asked the mum and she said no way hes nearly 4 and i wouldnt want him going to the loo with you, just like i thought, he was too big for a travel cot and my dd was playing nicely with each other too. so just be carefull when nipping to the loo..... my loo was just outside the lounge door too....

xxx yet on here I have read people asked and inspector said of course they are fine, I am CRB'd:)

I have 2 travel cots, and a sleeping mat! I tend to have 2 smaller children and a pre-schooler, so the sleeping mat works out well when the pre-schooler is tired and wants a rest. saves falling off the sofa:o

I have tried bringing down a travel cot for a play pen, but found lo's think I am putting them for a sleep and start crying haha bet they think what on earth is Rubs doing, I am not tired haha! BUT I have started using on in the garden for my baby mindie 8 months as she is not crawling and scares the life out of me trying to in the house, let alone on hard floor! she's okay in this outside, guess it looks different!

as for nipping to the loo, I don't take them and leave them where they are.

jaja
04-05-2011, 02:01 PM
it all depends on the inspector i think,when she arrived she said that alough she is crd checked she wasnt insured and not allowed to be in the company of the children on her own, it was her first visit to a childminders and she was here for hours, well seemed like it, lol... I personally think that as long as children are safe adn secure then you should be allowed to leave them as long as its a quick wee and within hearing distance but i think everyone should be prepared in case you need to loo when she is here, lol...

I have two travel cots, one lo hates it and sleeps in the pushchair (MUM has given written permission) and the other lo sleeps on beanbags and the sofa as she hates the travel cot the other lo likes to sleep in his silver cross sleepover pram and screams the place down when hes oin the travel cot, we are working at slowly moving him to the cot but its taking time, lol....

xxx

rickysmiths
04-05-2011, 02:07 PM
I have 2 13mth olds and an 8mth old at present and I have a travel cot up in the playroom as a place to put 2 of the three if I have to go to the loo or answer the door. It works fine for a few moments.

RachelE
04-05-2011, 07:00 PM
I have 2 travel cots, but only have one sleeper at the moment.

Last year when my dd had a sleep - I had 3 having a sleep at the same time!

Had never thought about using the travel cot in the garden - good idea!

-as for going to the toilet - crossing legs is a good option!

Rachel x

funemnx
04-05-2011, 07:15 PM
I've got 3 travelcots to use if I have to but very rare for all of mine to go to sleep at the same time!

And I go to the loo by myself :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

buildingblocks
04-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Previously I have had a stair gate at the top of my stairs taken the little ones upstairs with me and closed all bedroom doors so they were safe.