PDA

View Full Version : Funeral next week

snufflepuff
03-05-2011, 07:00 PM
I have a funeral to go to next Wednesday (tragically my Aunt's baby was born sleeping last week)
I only have one mindee that day, 8.30-5. I'm not sure how to work it out with Mum.
I'm not sure if i'll need the whole day or just half- not sure what time the funeral is yet. I can either make the time up on another day or give a refund, it's up to her.

The other thing is, I have asked MIL to look after DS while I go, and she offered to look after mindee too. Would this be allowed, if the parent agreed? (They know eachother well) I'd obviously make it clear that the arrangement is between MIL and the parent, and that there's no insurance cover etc. Just not sure what the rules are- would she be able to look after the LO's at my house or would she need to go to mindees house?

alwaysright
03-05-2011, 07:21 PM
i think it depends if theres money involved to be honest. if she is being paid i would think she would have to go to lo's house and then it would be babysitting, although i'm sure some one will give you more info!

really sorry to hear about the baby thats very sad news, i would book the whole day and its bound to be very emotional and you probably wouldnt feel like working!

caz3007
03-05-2011, 07:51 PM
I agree I would take the whole day, after all a childs funeral is very emotional.

I would suggest if the parent is ok for your MIL to have LO at Lo's house, then I reckon that would be the best option, then she is being a nanny for the day. I would be concerned about a complaint if she minded at your house, after all on here about so many petty minded people who add 2 and 2 and make 5, so feel that would be protecting yourself.

Hugs honey as it will be a difficult time

snufflepuff
03-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Thank you- I think i'll see how the parent reacts when I tell her I need time off (don't think she will be pleased) then if she is stuck i'll suggest MIL.

caz3007
03-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Thank you- I think i'll see how the parent reacts when I tell her I need time off (don't think she will be pleased) then if she is stuck i'll suggest MIL.

I am sorry but the parent has to understand that these things happen and just sometimes we need to take some time with little notice. A friend lost her son in a very unusual tragic accident, I found out when I woke up in the morning and just couldnt work that day, parents understood, it cant be helped

Demonjill
03-05-2011, 09:10 PM
So sorry very sad news :ohdear:
you should def take whole day

:group hug:

The Juggler
03-05-2011, 09:40 PM
such sad news hon. you must take the whole day you will be very emotional. if parent is really stuck tell her that MIL has offered but it would be babysitting at her own house as it's illegal for MIL to have mindee otherwise as it woudl be unregistered CM'ing.

Hope you and your aunt are ok.