PDA

View Full Version : Idea's for a lively 2 half yr old boy please!!!

SamBaker
03-05-2011, 04:49 PM
I have just taken on a little boy who is very lively so much so he can be quite spiteful, he is very big for his age and takes a bit of hanging on to when I try to calm him down.
Can any one help me with ideas on activities I can do with him please? He doesnt like walking and the parents just push him round in the buggy. I have a 1 yr old as well as my 3yr old as well at the same time.
Any advice would be very much appreciated!!! Oh and he loves bob the builder too.

Thank you xxx

sarah707
03-05-2011, 05:22 PM
If you can get him walking it might wear him out a bit! :laughing:

Lots of active play - outside in all weathers - slides and seesaws - chasing games :D

SamBaker
03-05-2011, 05:26 PM
If you can get him walking it might wear him out a bit! :laughing:

Lots of active play - outside in all weathers - slides and seesaws - chasing games :D

Yes exactly, just wondering what else to do with him lol

Mouse
03-05-2011, 05:37 PM
I used to have coloured round mats (bath mats from Ikea :D ) that we stood on to do action rhymes. It was ideal if space was limited and we couldn't get outside as much as I'd like.

We'd all stand on our own mat & do rhymes, or star jumps etc. It was a good way to burn off some energy, but in a contained way :laughing:

blue bear
03-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Get a cardboard box and paint/ decorate it to be a digger from bob the builder, compost and spades, lorries in compost/sand. Is there any road works near you? Would he walk to look at the diggers, take photos and make a book to share.

SamBaker
03-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Get a cardboard box and paint/ decorate it to be a digger from bob the builder, compost and spades, lorries in compost/sand. Is there any road works near you? Would he walk to look at the diggers, take photos and make a book to share.

Love that idea, there's a great big building site just down the road, could be a trip for tomorrow I think!

Polly2
04-05-2011, 09:25 AM
how about some music and movement http://www.stickykids.co.uk/store/index.aspx I have a couple of these cds and they are great :thumbsup:

SamBaker
04-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Well after all that, the Mum handed her notice in today, I didnt want to do Fridays so she's taking him some where else that can to do the two days, which is fair enough. I have just had a ball thrown at the side of my face for the fifth time today so lets just say let the count down begin :laughing: I suppose you can't win them all!

Polly2
04-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Maybe its for the best :)

SamBaker
05-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Yes I defently think so lol!:laughing: