PDA

View Full Version : Any Welsh CM's with assistants?

Polly2
03-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Anyone have any experience taking on an assistant in Wales? I have rang the local CSSIW and they were not helpful :(

I would like to find some info to quote at them LOL :rolleyes: I have tried the website but can't find anything either.

Does anyone know requirments? can I take on extra children? can they be left alone?

Any advice very welcome :)

tulip0803
03-05-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't have an assistant but one of the minders in our group does. Under the old NMS/regs She is not allowed to leave the asssistant alone with them and she is still only allowed 6 under 8 but the can all be under 5.

We are on the border between 2 CSSIW offices and the childminders are divided between the 2 one office seems to register them without having to do courses whereas ours insists that they have to do all the courses including ICP that a childminder has to do to just be an assistant:rolleyes:

Not sure how the new NMS have affected things.

I think Manjay's husband is registered as an assistant to her so perhaps ask her

Polly2
03-05-2011, 03:14 PM
I have found that every office says different like you say :rolleyes: If she does all the courses she may as well be a cm! Seems a bit silly really.

She has p first aid and is CRB'd obviously as she lives here. I was hoping she could be let alone with having the first aid.

I can't find anything in the new NMS about assistants.

I forgot about manjay I will ask her too - thanks!

tulip0803
03-05-2011, 03:16 PM
I have found that every office says different like you say :rolleyes: If she does all the courses she may as well be a cm! Seems a bit silly really.

Exactly!

Hope Manjay can help:)

manjay
03-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Forget about me?????;) Be careful I will make you sleep on the floor on Friday:p

Sorry Neil is a registered childminder not my assistant! We are allowed 6 under 5 if we work together. Don't really know much about assistants sorry:(

Polly2
03-05-2011, 04:30 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Well you have been on holiday such a long time :laughing: :laughing:

We thought about her registering but she doesn't want to deal with accounts, inspections etc.

manjay
03-05-2011, 07:14 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Well you have been on holiday such a long time :laughing: :laughing:

We thought about her registering but she doesn't want to deal with accounts, inspections etc.

Lol!! Do you think that Neil deals with either of those:rolleyes:

Polly2
04-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Just found out I can't increase my numbers with an assistant so sounds like she will have to register!

tilly2
04-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Hiya Polly2, i was just going to post a question the same as yours!! wanted to know if you have an assistant in Wales do they need to be a registered childminder in there own right?? which office have you spoke to?? i can't find anything in NMS or on their website!!

Polly2
04-05-2011, 01:07 PM
I have rung the one in Monmouthshire based in Torfean S wales.

Just been thinking - I am registered for 4 children atm, if they would increase my numbers to 5, then maybe when working with my daughter, those 5 could all be under 5???

If that was the case then I could afford to pay her :)
I am going to have to ring again and ask!

Mamma4Ya
19-07-2011, 12:54 PM
I was just having this discussion with my friend, we were wondering if she could be my assistant while going through the registration as we would like to work together. Not easy finding info in Wales and I not got my Introduction session until August, :ohdear: I feel a million miles away from getting anywhere at the moment.

Polly2
19-07-2011, 02:25 PM
I have this sorted now - my daughter is my assistant, I am allowed 6 total and all 6 can be under 5, 2 under 18mths.

The only catch is that she cannot be left alone with kiddies so I could not do a school run without bringing them all. Luckily I only have preschoolies at the mo so we are going to take on 5 maximum then we can all fit in the car.

I think I might get her to do the cm course eventually but still employ her as assistant and then she could be left alone - but we will see how we go for now :thumbsup:

Babysigntalk It is hard in some parts of Wales to get support - if I can help in any way just shout :thumbsup:

Mamma4Ya
19-07-2011, 06:04 PM
I have this sorted now - my daughter is my assistant, I am allowed 6 total and all 6 can be under 5, 2 under 18mths.

The only catch is that she cannot be left alone with kiddies so I could not do a school run without bringing them all. Luckily I only have preschoolies at the mo so we are going to take on 5 maximum then we can all fit in the car.

I think I might get her to do the cm course eventually but still employ her as assistant and then she could be left alone - but we will see how we go for now :thumbsup:

Babysigntalk It is hard in some parts of Wales to get support - if I can help in any way just shout :thumbsup:

Thank you very much :)