PDA

View Full Version : Role play planning?

rhea26
03-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Hi, I have mindee who is 3 1/2 yrs 2 days a week, when observing I noticed she usually choses to role play, for example playing with dolls, kitchen, reading to teddy, pretending to go to shops etc, so am planning in line with her interests and thought we could make a shop, make signs etc, make cakes from play doh to sell, but mind has gone blank so was wondering if this sounds along the right lines and if anyone has any other ideas? Thanks.

Number twenty 2
04-05-2011, 06:59 PM
A shop sounds great. You could try a toy shop later on too. A cafe works really well because there's loads of things you can do to cover all areas of learning. Try her with dressing up during role play as well. Once you get into it there's lots you could do to follow this interest.

Good luck

miffy
04-05-2011, 07:03 PM
You could introduce money too, to buy the cakes and make price tags for the things in the shop, open and closed signs etc

Miffy xx

Maza
04-05-2011, 07:20 PM
We recently did a little trip to the local fruit and veg shop to enhance role play. We made a shopping list first (pictures as opposed to writing as both mine have just turned two - I drew apples and bananas and they coloured them in). We took two little baskets and the ch'n had to find what was on their list and then pay with a coin that I had put in their little wallet and purse. They felt so grown up and I covered all 6 areas of learning. We then came back and played shop and did some baking with the fruit we had bought.

You could go out and buy currants/cherries with your mindee and make 5 currant buns in a baker's shop. Again you should be able to cover all 6 areas of learning with that one.

Your ideas sound fab!

green puppy
04-05-2011, 10:12 PM
We recently did a little trip to the local fruit and veg shop to enhance role play. We made a shopping list first (pictures as opposed to writing as both mine have just turned two - I drew apples and bananas and they coloured them in). We took two little baskets and the ch'n had to find what was on their list and then pay with a coin that I had put in their little wallet and purse. They felt so grown up and I covered all 6 areas of learning. We then came back and played shop and did some baking with the fruit we had bought.

You could go out and buy currants/cherries with your mindee and make 5 currant buns in a baker's shop. Again you should be able to cover all 6 areas of learning with that one.

Your ideas sound fab!

Like this idea! We've recently been doing lots of Doctor/hospital play using the contents of the first aid kit. We have a telephone to book appointments and little pads to "write" prescriptions. The kids love using the syringes and stethoscopes on the dollies, they cover them in plasters and bandages and are really caring.

Cammie Doodle
05-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Our local nursery had a role play vet, the kids loved helping all the animals , the other thing Carolyn and I have done was a travel agents (we got some posters from travel agents, she gave us a Disney one) we printed off passports, tickets etc

Helen Dempster
12-05-2011, 08:27 PM
I got a free resource pack from the postal service a while back (I can't remember how I found out about it though, probably someone on here :blush: ) but it's really good, they send you post office sign/s and other bumph so you can set up your own 'post office' for the children - my own ds and mindees love it :)

miffy
12-05-2011, 09:10 PM
I got a free resource pack from the postal service a while back (I can't remember how I found out about it though, probably someone on here :blush: ) but it's really good, they send you post office sign/s and other bumph so you can set up your own 'post office' for the children - my own ds and mindees love it :)

I think this is the link

http://www.teacherspost.co.uk/free.html

Miffy xx

SandCastles
12-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks Miffy for the post office link

I am in the process of doing some laminated notes money and cafe signs to enhance my role play area.

Another great one is 'playing schools' doing the register with dolls and teddies etc.. this one doesn't last long, it usually merges into a teddy bears picnic.

Blemblem
13-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks for that. I have also requested a pack.

aunt sally
13-05-2011, 11:35 AM
I think this is the link

http://www.teacherspost.co.uk/free.html

Miffy xx

Thankyou for the link, I have just ordered my pack.