PDA

View Full Version : Advance queries for autumn and march 2011

chibault
02-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Hello,
I have had a couple of enquiries from parents, first one to take a baby in Oct 2011 and the next enquiry is for a baby and three year old to start in March 2012.

As all my spaces are not currently filled I don't want to put off other prospective parents. Do you think it would be fair to say I will put them on a waiting list and call them a couple of months before they require a place to update them? I think offering them a retainer option would make them run out the door.

What do you do for enquiries like these?

Thanks!:)

muffins
02-05-2011, 08:37 PM
I've had a few like this in the past & yep I just tell them I'll take details & ring them to update nearer the time:thumbsup:

tulip0803
02-05-2011, 09:26 PM
I've had a few like this in the past & yep I just tell them I'll take details & ring them to update nearer the time:thumbsup:

I agree with this.

miffy
03-05-2011, 07:05 AM
March 2012 is a bit far away to commit to unless I knew I had a vacancy coming up so it would just slot in, so agree I would take details and ask them to contact me after Christmas.

For the October enquiry I might consider that - it's not too far away, would depend how much I needed the work and whether I thought I would get other offers of work to start before then. Otherwise I might take a non-returnable deposit and save them the place.

Good luck whatever you decide

Miffy xx

HMT81
04-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Otherwise I might take a non-returnable deposit and save them the place.

How much deposit would you take? I am in a similar position, having had an enquiry for september

Goatgirl
04-05-2011, 11:21 AM
It is a bit far away: I'd call back about the March 2012 one and take a deposit for the october one. If I had another parent wanting the same space but with an earlier start though, I'd call to ask if they want the deposit returned and lose the space or to pay a retainer to keep it.

How much deposit would you take? I am in a similar position, having had an enquiry for september

I'd take 4 weeks as a deposit, making it clear under what circumstances they forfeit the deposit and under what circumstances they get it back i.e. toward the final 4 weeks of childcare if the place is taken up as agreed and notice not given in the first 4 weeks :)

bws,
Wendy