PDA

View Full Version : My New Playhouse!

sweets
02-05-2011, 01:00 PM
I finally made a decision on which one to get, took a while! lol

here it is. hope the LO's like it when they come back after their easter break tommorrow. wonder how long it will stay tidy? :rolleyes:

sweets
02-05-2011, 01:01 PM
heres some pics as it would only let me put 2 on at once

Demonjill
02-05-2011, 01:10 PM
WOW That looks really fab!!:thumbsup:

What do you have for a floor?

sweets
02-05-2011, 01:19 PM
the floor is solid wood but ive layed lino and a couple of rugs on top.

it needs a few finishing touches still, i want to put some blackboards up across one wall and will possibly paint or stain the inside too.

Demonjill
02-05-2011, 01:34 PM
ah yes lino will be easy kept clean.

Black boards will be fab - can i come and play????:D

clare's bears
02-05-2011, 01:42 PM
its a fab play house :thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
02-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Wow that gorgeous! Lucky children, hope they appreciate it x

mushpea
02-05-2011, 03:04 PM
wow thats great, I WANT ONE! our plastic one is getting past its best and I would love to have won like yours but not sure my budge would stretch to it though

breezy
02-05-2011, 03:13 PM
looks lovely, great fun, hope they appreciate it :clapping:

rickysmiths
02-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Looks great. I've just been given one by an ex-mindee, they have just delivered but its still in pieces! Not as smart as yours though!

sarah707
02-05-2011, 03:43 PM
It looks lovely! :clapping:

kel1983
02-05-2011, 04:18 PM
That looks lovely. I bought a new wooden playhouse 3 weeks ago. Still waiting for it to be delivered :angry: Will be chasing it up tomorrow. Its replacing the small plastic house.

I like the idea of lino. Easy to wipe clean. May have to look at some of tht for mine. I also hope to have a chalk board on one of the walls.

Hope th echildren enjoy yours :clapping:

Chimps Childminding
02-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Looks lovely!!! Be warned they don't stay tidy for long :angry: I love it when I have tidyied it up, put the pans on the cooker, cups, saucers and plates set out on the table, and then the little darlings come in and mess it all up :panic:

I did have a chalk board in mine, but they decided to chalk on the walls that didn't have the board on as well, so I took it out! Just a word of warning :thumbsup:

Alibali
02-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Its lovely, what lucky children:D

Hebs
02-05-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm getting a summer house built for me by pips hubby :D

great idea putting lino in :thumbsup:

sweets
02-05-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm getting a summer house built for me by pips hubby :D

great idea putting lino in :thumbsup:

mine is actually a summerhouse and not a playhouse, they are so much more economical and bigger then the ones made for children. It was from b&q, was £300 but i got it on a 15% weekend so paid £255 which i didnt think was bad. the smallest playhouses are around £200 but mine is 7x5ft.

does anyone know if blackboard paint works or does it constantly need recoating?

francinejayne
02-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Ah I had exactly the same summer house for my daughter when she was little (I got rid of it a year before my youngest was born no knowing I would have any more children of my own and my eldest 2 had outgrown it, and without thinking I'd start minding) - I would love another! All the children in our close spent hours playing in it. I too had lino which was great, they used to argue about who would mop it, and I bought them their own dust pan and brush and they loved cleaning it themselves!
We also had a blackboard in ours, and they too chalked on the walls!!

I'm sure they will love it!

Hebs
02-05-2011, 05:44 PM
mine is actually a summerhouse and not a playhouse, they are so much more economical and bigger then the ones made for children. It was from b&q, was £300 but i got it on a 15% weekend so paid £255 which i didnt think was bad. the smallest playhouses are around £200 but mine is 7x5ft.

does anyone know if blackboard paint works or does it constantly need recoating?

yeah i seen that one in B&Q, posted a pic on my fb a few weeks ago
summer houses are much better as playhouses cos theres more room in them x

sweets
02-05-2011, 05:52 PM
yeah i seen that one in B&Q, posted a pic on my fb a few weeks ago
summer houses are much better as playhouses cos theres more room in them x

yes and there easier for us adults to get in too! lol.

the pain of it not being specificaly made for kids was that it came with horticultural glass for glazing so i had to buy plastic stuff and cut it to size which wasn't easy, good job the children werent around as the air was blue :panic:

sandy64
02-05-2011, 06:09 PM
wow that looks fab is it big enough to work in? i want one great price too:)

Hebs
02-05-2011, 06:58 PM
yes and there easier for us adults to get in too! lol.

the pain of it not being specificaly made for kids was that it came with horticultural glass for glazing so i had to buy plastic stuff and cut it to size which wasn't easy, good job the children werent around as the air was blue :panic:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

curlywurly
02-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Brilliant playhouse. I love it. Puts mine to shame! Lol :laughing:

sweets
02-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Brilliant playhouse. I love it. Puts mine to shame! Lol :laughing:

i love yours lol, its perfect for one or 2 little people :D i hope mindees decide to spend at least 7 hours a day in mine and not in my house lol

miffy
02-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Looks great - hope the mindees appreciate it but if they don't you can always claim it back for yourself! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

sweets
05-05-2011, 06:30 PM
well i am pleased to report that they absolutly love it!

they were out in it from 8.30 this morning and didn't want to go to toddler group, went straight out again when they came home and when it started raining hid in it lol.

it has stayed reasonably tidy too ;)

francinejayne
05-05-2011, 07:21 PM
well i am pleased to report that they absolutly love it!

they were out in it from 8.30 this morning and didn't want to go to toddler group, went straight out again when they came home and when it started raining hid in it lol.

it has stayed reasonably tidy too ;)

Aw that's lovely, I'm glad they like it! Just think, you could serve lunch in there and save having to clean up your dining room!!!

sweets
05-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Aw that's lovely, I'm glad they like it! Just think, you could serve lunch in there and save having to clean up your dining room!!!

already have! lol:D

candylove13
05-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Wow, looks great. Glad the kids are enjoying it, well done you :clapping: