PDA

View Full Version : NCMA Accounts book

Mrs Pootle
01-05-2011, 02:47 PM
I only started childminding last summer, and have been using the NCMA accounts book to record income & expenditure. I was going to start a new book for the start of the tax year, but not sure whether to record April in the current book, or the new book:panic:
I suppose my question really is, should Aprils income & expenditure be the start of the tax year, or the end of the previous one? Thanks for your help.

Chatterbox Childcare
01-05-2011, 02:53 PM
When are you finishing your tax year? My year runs from 1st April to 31st March as I invoice and run my expenses monthly. April would come into the new tax year

aly
01-05-2011, 05:35 PM
when i started my first year ran feb - apr so in the back had 09/09 end of year but then i carried on in the book as it would ahve been a waste to get a new one...but then last years ran apr - to apr and again 09/10 end of year in back but carried on in the book and then i thought i might confuse myself :blush: so what i did was {not sure if it was allowed} but i took the bind of the book out and hole punched and now separate properly.

i run apr - to apr as that is the tax year some so the last week of march etc to tie in with their month fees etc.

Mrs Pootle
02-05-2011, 05:46 AM
Thanks for your replies. I think I will start a new accounts book with details for April 2011 and let it run until the end of March 2012.