PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this for patio shelter..

chelseabun
30-04-2011, 04:17 PM
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...Trail/searchtext%3EAWNING.htm (http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-4274914-5590799?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fstatic% 2FProduct%2FpartNumber%2F7132012%2FTrail%2Fsearcht ext%253EAWNING.htm)

Hope this link works.

Been on the lookout for some way to have some shade and protection from rain on patio. Also somewhere to put buggies when it rains so I can keep them out the house.

sarah707
30-04-2011, 05:33 PM
That's the type I wanted but because it was going on my conservatory I couldn't have it as the carrier was too deep and wouldn't fit anywhere...

So I have one on its own posts that can come down in dangerous weather or for cleaning.

It's on the photo pages of my website if you want a nosey but I cannot recommend the guy who put it up he was not nice :(

Hth :D

alwaysright
30-04-2011, 05:34 PM
looks good! i have one of these but i got it from a blinds company and paid £1000 for it! wish i 'd seen these first, although it would probably still be sitting in the shed waiting to get put up! it comes in handy for shade, just remember to fit it according to were the sun comes in your garden, wouldnt say they are much good for storing prams etc unless its sunny as they are supposed to go away if its raining, hoping to have lots of use out of mine this summer if this weather continues :laughing:

breezy
30-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Looks good and at that price you cant go far wrong.!

alwaysright
30-04-2011, 05:46 PM
That's the type I wanted but because it was going on my conservatory I couldn't have it as the carrier was too deep and wouldn't fit anywhere...

So I have one on its own posts that can come down in dangerous weather or for cleaning.

It's on the photo pages of my website if you want a nosey but I cannot recommend the guy who put it up he was not nice :(

Hth :D

sarah i just nosed at your photos, that awning seems better for storing prams etc as it can obviously be left out, looks more solid, the one i have is like the photo from argos so it gets stored away but you couldnt leave it out in the rain or high winds. did you build this yourselves? your lawn is immaculate!! has that just been laid?? mine is all lumpy and bumpy!! i love nosing at other minding settings, it gives you some ideas!! :laughing:

sarah707
30-04-2011, 06:33 PM
sarah i just nosed at your photos, that awning seems better for storing prams etc as it can obviously be left out, looks more solid, the one i have is like the photo from argos so it gets stored away but you couldnt leave it out in the rain or high winds. did you build this yourselves? your lawn is immaculate!! has that just been laid?? mine is all lumpy and bumpy!! i love nosing at other minding settings, it gives you some ideas!! :laughing:

:laughing: The lawn was obviously photographed on a good day! :laughing: The footballers make a right mess of it usually.

I don't use mine for storing things like buggies, just garden toys in lidded boxes or things that won't damage.

The water does come in at the sides and if it rains heavily it drains towards the house so things get damp underneath.

We didn't put it up, we got someone in to do it... but it didn't appear that hard a job tbh.

:D