PDA

View Full Version : Mindee returning

Jinx
27-04-2008, 03:19 PM
I have been minding B since last September. Just 1 day a week.He moved house before Xmas and I've always known that his mum wanted to find a new childminder nearer their new home. He finished with me the week before last and was due to start at his new minder last week.
I had a call on Saturday, asking for me to have him back!!!! He never started with his new minder, the mum has changed jobs and had second thoughts on moving him. I'm thrilled to get him back, he's a real monkey, (22mths now) and gets on great with my full timer. (14mths).:D
Thing is, I know the other minder and I'm a little worried what she is going to think. I might not see her for ages but then again, knowing my luck I'll probably bump into her next week! What do I say? I didn't ask him to come back but feel a little guilty for agreeing to have him again.:o

Any suggestions?:idea:

Jinx x

sarah707
27-04-2008, 03:59 PM
I would be tempted to keep quiet and smile a lot... see what she says first! But then i never liked confruntation :panic:

nannan
27-04-2008, 07:13 PM
I too would be tempted not to say anything and if you bump into the lady wait and see what she says, odds on she wont say a thing either.

Cammie Doodle
27-04-2008, 07:33 PM
As above :blush: It happened to Carolyn and I last year, we have seen the other minder and either she does not realise who the kids are or she is too polite to say anything :laughing:

Gherkin
28-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Don't say anything and wait and see. Chances are she will not be too bothered.

One of my minder friends ended up with a child who had been signed up to me. I was narked at first but it is the parent not the minder who makes the decision.

Jinx
28-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Don't say anything and wait and see. Chances are she will not be too bothered.

One of my minder friends ended up with a child who had been signed up to me. I was narked at first but it is the parent not the minder who makes the decision.

Yeah, you are absolutely right! Thanks for that. I shall pretend I know nothing.......shouldn't be hard for me!!!!.:rolleyes:

Jinx x

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Good luck

Angel xxx

Pudding Girl
28-04-2008, 09:50 AM
It's not your problem hon, the parent did what she thought was best in moving him at first, and again in bringing him back. Nothing for you to worry about, it's swings and roundabouts really.