PDA

View Full Version : Child sickness

Trisha 13
27-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Hi there

not sure if im using the right thread. Last week one of my parents brought there child knowing that they were poorly sickness and diahrea (spelt wrong) they told she was fine now, so I had her, i found out after that she had been sick in the morning b4 bringing her. I sent her home after an hour as she got sick. i informed the other parents about what symptoms to look out for. i cannot believe they brought her knowing she was ill. And now to make things worse I cannot have any children this week as my child has picked it up. I understand that this is to be expected that my children will pick things up, but i think its unfair that I cannot work this week as they were aware she was ill and still brought her.:angry:

crazybones
27-04-2008, 03:24 PM
If you do a newsletter I would point out you sickness policy and the guidelines being 48 hours since the last episode of S&D. I have just attached this to my newsletter to give a gentle reminder to parents.

http://www.hpa.org.uk/webc/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1194947358374

tulip0803
27-04-2008, 03:27 PM
If you do a newsletter I would point out you sickness policy and the guidelines being 48 hours since the last episode of S&D. I have just attached this to my newsletter to give a gentle reminder to parents.

http://www.hpa.org.uk/webc/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1194947358374

Thank you Annie. I have printed it out too.:)

Parents can be very inconsiderate:(

sarah707
27-04-2008, 03:57 PM
I sympathise totally with you... and hope your dd feels better soon! :(

breezy
27-04-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm not surprised you're fuming, I would send letter to parents explaining your sickness policy and also have a quiet word with offending parents.

Trisha 13
29-04-2008, 04:25 PM
thank you every that replied to me x My son is now recovering x

sarah32
29-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Ive had parents do that to me aswell.:angry:

Chimps Childminding
29-04-2008, 05:30 PM
I think most parents try it at some time - it just gets more difficult to get away with when the child gets old enough to tell you its been sick before arriving with you!:clapping:

Alibali
29-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Happened to me last week too, fortunately (or not) it was on friday so I didn't have to take time off unpaid, but it made me mad. Selfish parents!:angry:

Ali x

jaja
29-04-2008, 07:25 PM
i have had parents who send children with chicken pox! ringworm! sickness bugs! foot and mouth! all sent home immeditely.

Some parents never learn!!!!!:clapping:

JOANNE
30-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Some of the parents are great, one in particular, she sticks by the books and doesn`t send him until 48 hrs after the last incident, then you get others who blatantly ignore your rules, i think they think we are a push over, if they were at school, they only need to gag once and they`re home.

Cazz
30-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks - I've just printed it in readiness! Can you use a straight copy of that in your policies?

I've just got some echinacea herbal tablets so I can boost my immune system before I start childminding! I have to say this must be the main downside of the business - all the germs that arrive in your home!

disney
30-04-2008, 01:33 PM
thats awful , i dont know why parents bring them when they are sick . surley they know the rules ! a news letter is a good idea , i also have it up written on my notice board in my hall way for all to see x

Polly2
01-05-2008, 12:43 PM
This happened to me last week and I was ill all weekend with sickness and the runs!!

Just hope none of mine come down with it.

Trisha 13
02-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi there all!

Theres more my son stopped eating and drinking as he was scared of getting sick and when I took him back to the doctors if he didnt drink or have a wee within 12 hrs they were going to admit him to hospital, luckily we managed to encourage him eventually but it was 2 close 4 comfort. Thats it now I am going to get really strict with them x x x :panic:

sarah707
02-05-2008, 10:48 PM
You are right - you have to put your family first... and yourself!

Parents seem to forget if we are ill we have to close then they're up the creek!

I hope your little one is recovered now! :D

Heaven Scent
03-05-2008, 03:01 PM
I agree with you Sarah was going to write the same thing last time I read this thread but have been ill all week as a result of looking after poorley children whose parents bring them to me and all this week I've felt soooooo ill and tired plus I've had to contend with having the decorators in. I do also think I have got this dose sooo bad because of the build up to my inspection last week.

I'm going to put more about this into my information booklet for parents because if I'd had to close last week they all would have played merry hell with me for letting them down.

disney
03-05-2008, 03:11 PM
yes you have to put your own first . be tuff with the parents tell them your son & yourself had caught it and that in future you will not be able to have any children with any thing infectious. they dont takethem at our local school and when i worked at the nursery not in the 3 years did we ever take a sick child :) do some policys and stick to em hun x