PDA

View Full Version : Wil I get an inspection with these children?

clio0602
28-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone just a quickie. Come october there is a possibility I will be minding my baby neice 4 days a wk, my cousins 2yo lo term time only and a 10yo holidays only. I know Ofsted don't look at neices or the 10yo but would they inspect for cousins lo? Although I don't want an inspection I would like feedback on how i'm doing at least and a grade :-S

pinkbutterfly
28-04-2011, 01:15 PM
If you mind family members only but they are in EYFS group you will be inspected but the most you can get is satisfactory. Would you consider taking on another LO for a couple of hours a week? Or maybe a school pick up for a child in reception class one day a week? That way you'd have a chance to get a better grade.

clio0602
28-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Ok thanks. I would have no more eyfs places left really and as dd is going to a school, well the nursery, which is 5miles away its unlikely i'll get anything from there either. Hmmm suppose i'll have to hope I can get a lo to fit in around us then. Fingers crossed x

Mouse
28-04-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't think Ofsted would count your cousin's child as being close family, so would inspect you based on them being non-related.

Why not give Ofsted a ring & see what they say?

aunt sally
28-04-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't think Ofsted would count your cousin's child as being close family, so would inspect you based on them being non-related.

Why not give Ofsted a ring & see what they say?

I agree, Ofsted only class a neice, nephew or grandchild as a close family member so they should still grade you for a cousin. It used to be the case that you could only get satisfactory if you only mind close family members. That changed when the EYFS came in and now Ofsted will not visit you with just close family mindees . If you have actually minded children who are not family within the last 6 months then they can do a visit but they won't look at any of the family members contracts, LJ's etc but instead of a grade they will give you 'no children on roll'. It just means your setting is still fine for childminding. Ofsted prefer to wait until you have mindees who aren't family and then give you a graded visit. Hope this helps.

Chattie
28-04-2011, 06:30 PM
This may be a daft question but why don't Ofsted inspect if you only have family?