PDA

View Full Version : parent late nearly every month

newandlearning
27-04-2011, 08:26 PM
hi all..

one of my parents pays using childcare vouchers and doesnt get paid until the 29th of each month.. the fees rarely clear until the 3-5th of each month..

I'm wondering how everyone else would feel about this.. its beginning to niggle me a bit...

should I just be grateful to be getting paid.. this month I'm going to be lucky if funds have hit my acct by the 5th or 6th due to these silly bank holidays.. :idea: :panic:

tashaleee
27-04-2011, 08:34 PM
I had a parent that I had this issue with... what they ended up doing is paying an extra week in cash so they 'got ahead' so now if it clears around 4th-6th each month they are not 'behind' as such :thumbsup:

louise
27-04-2011, 08:41 PM
I have had a parent just start using Kiddivouchers. When she asked about me signing up I said it was fine but I'd prefer it to be paid earlier as some are a pain to clear ect and her money normally goes in by transfer same day. Parent was fine with this as she is paid 24th so sends them that day. I got an email yesterday saying it should be cleared tom. We will see though. So maybe it would be worth checking what day they get paid as most are on 24th or 26th.

caz3007
27-04-2011, 08:50 PM
I have had a parent just start using Kiddivouchers. When she asked about me signing up I said it was fine but I'd prefer it to be paid earlier as some are a pain to clear ect and her money normally goes in by transfer same day. Parent was fine with this as she is paid 24th so sends them that day. I got an email yesterday saying it should be cleared tom. We will see though. So maybe it would be worth checking what day they get paid as most are on 24th or 26th.

I have also had a couple of payments via Kiddivouchers and they clear really quick, much quicker than Sodexho, who they used to use. Mind you I am a bit sceptical this month as I have one that says it will be in my account on Friday, you never know they may surprise me

AliceK
27-04-2011, 09:16 PM
All of my parents pay by different vouchers and 2 sets of parents also get paid on the last working day of the month so their money never hits my account until around the 4th / 5th usually. The other sets get paid a bit earlier but with all the bank holidays this month and me being able to see when the parents have sent the vouchers their end I think all my payments will be late this month. At one point today I was so peeved off about it all I seriously considered not accepting vouchers anymore :angry:

xxx

mushpea
28-04-2011, 06:20 AM
I have this issue with a parent usuing vouchers,, the payment date is the 1st of the month but he releases the payment on the 1st of the month so it wont reach me till the 4 or5th of each month,, this money is for our savings so it dosent worry me that its late and i have never broached the subject with them because of this if however it needed to pay the bills then i would speak to them,, it may be that they dont realise it takes time to reach your account, they may think its an instant thing so it might just be you need to have a chat and explain it to them.

marnieb
28-04-2011, 06:25 AM
I've made sure to invoice early this month and tell parents its because the payment has to be done today so its in my account by next week.

it's not the voucher companies fault there's so many bank hols, it's just a pain the vouchers take 3 days to clear, so as long as you factor that in then add the extra 2 days, then you should be able to work out when you get paid.

newandlearning
28-04-2011, 07:06 AM
hi ladies..

you know it all annoys me as the mum asked me to email and text her the invoice total so she can action it on time for me .. yet she still forgets so I then have to remind her again :(

I've explained that it takes 3 working days.. so it will be actioned today but I probably won't get paid until next Thurs. .. I just wonder how they would feel if their employer forgot to pay, and then didn't pay on time.

my bills come out on 7th of each month and once again have to put my savings into my account to ensure money is there.

everyone else has always paid me on time.. this niggles me.:(

The Juggler
28-04-2011, 07:09 AM
mine are the same. I'm happy with it as parents can't do much, they don't get funds to release until payday. As long as I know it will go in by 4th latest, I've moved a few dd's to accommodate.

One company (Imagine childcare (the COOP)) are really bad. Parents I had got money taken from salary on 26th and the voucher compnay didn't credit my account until 16th of next month :eek:

I was happy though as they paid half my monthly fees in cash up front and then the voucher payment came mid month so in effect they were still paying in advance of care just paying 2 weeks up front instead of 4.