PDA

View Full Version : NONE PAYMENT!!!

sarah sunflower
27-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Bit of long winded one but would love any advice you all have!! :)

I have a parent who decided,about a month ago, that it would be better for her and me if she paid me via my bank every friday.

I thought this was a fab idea as she normally turns up on a friday to collect her child and forgets money and says she will drop it off the next day (which always means the following monday!!)

So I check my bank on the Friday after she collects the child and there is no money in so I ring her and she says her partner has sorted it. I ask when its going to hit my account and its going to take 3 working days which means wednesday of the following week!! So for this I say ok but next week it HAS to hit my account of the Friday so can she organise that.

Same thing happens the following week but I don't receive money till the Thursday!! SO by now shes paying a week in arrears!!

She then tells me that they wont be here for the two weeks over easter as shes going on holiday so she will make sure the money is in my account for both fridays shes away!! No money last week (it was a bank holiday so I gave her till yesterday for it to clear) but still no money today!! Now come this friday she will owe two weeks worth of money!!

I have text her and rang her but had no reply! fair enough shes on holiday but our contract clearly states she pays for her holidays and is meant to give me 4 weeks notice!!

Has this happened to anyone before and how did use deal with it??
I have a late fees policy which is if the fees aren't paid within 7 days I will start charging them a set amount for each day they are late!!

I'm sure some parents think I'm doing this for fun, yes it is a fun job but im also trying to make a living!! grrr!!!

HELP please!!

candy cat
27-04-2011, 07:18 PM
just not acceptable....mine all know all fees should be in my account on the 1st of each month in advance.....never had a problem yet....so unfair to take from you and not pay for the service.....stop texting now and write a letter stating it is not acceptable ....maybe invoice on a monday for it to be paid ready for friday. good luck x

alwaysright
27-04-2011, 07:32 PM
sounds like shes spinning you a yarn to pay for her holiday! bank transfers dont take three days anymore, with the faster payments system they are usually in immediately if not the next day!

sarah sunflower
27-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Invoicing on a Monday sounds a good idea, however it is the same amount every week so it's not like she doesn't know how much it's going to be.

I'll write her a letter and tell her I want money in advance from now on as I can't be chasing her every five minutes!! Roll on July when her contracts finished!!

Thanks for the advice!! This forum is great!! :)

I'll be back for another whinge tomorrow if said parent doesn't pay up again!!

Xx

Gracie's mamma
27-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Umm . . . . i had this with one of my Mums and i'm sorry it just was not on. Would they go to Waitrose and say i'll pay you in a few days time ?
I phoned the parent and said this was going to take too long for the payment to go through and i also said that by coincidence that week three other parent owed me money totaling £700.00 .

I said if she could bring me cash the next time i had her child it would be better

Result all round :clapping:

sarah sunflower
06-05-2011, 06:30 AM
finally got money two days ago!!

owed another lot today and nothing in bank so will be telling mum that i want the cash tonight when she collects child as wait nearly two weeks to be paid is not on!!

xx

Demonjill
06-05-2011, 07:21 AM
:eek: this is so unfair - who does she think she is?

i dread parents like this!!:panic:

Glad you got some money and fingers x it gets sorted soon. :thumbsup:

Mollymop
06-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Not fair on you, I would be asking for money (cash) in advance on the Monday from now on. Hope you get your money tonight x