PDA

View Full Version : After Schoolers - what activities...

VINASOL
27-04-2011, 01:23 PM
...do you provide for them, or what do they want to do?

(looking for some additional ideas to do with my two 7 yr olds and 8 yr olds):blush:

Monkey26
27-04-2011, 01:32 PM
I have been making crowns and flags with the little ones in the mornings this week, then the big kids have come in from school and said "cooooor thats cool can i make one!" so they've been doing that :D
We also...
* decorate biscuits
* go to the park
* play in the garden
* have free play
* arts and crafts
* baking
* movie afternoons with popcorn for snack
* go strawberry picking then sit in the boot of the car eating them (can't wait to start doing that again, kids are already asking!)
Hope that helps :) xx

mrs robbie williams
27-04-2011, 01:42 PM
my after schoolies are 2x7yr old boys, my own 7yr old ds and 2 girls aged 6 and 4. The girls tend to like doing drawing/colouring/junk modelling, basically anything crafty. The boys tend to go in the garden, on the trampoline, play on wii/xbox kinnect or watch tv. They have alot of free play which i think is important after being stuck in all day at school. During the school holidays i plan activities with them so things like go to the park/cinema/walks in the woods. hope that helps :thumbsup:

emmadines
27-04-2011, 11:12 PM
i used to do planned activities after school, but the kids just wanted tp free play, now i have craf stuff everywhere waiting to be used............ nevermind. I do tend to do activities during easter, fireworks etc which they seem to do happily!!

xx