PDA

View Full Version : Getting confused! Quick question.

Vic3003
27-04-2011, 12:10 PM
I am a newly registered child minder.

At the moment I can only have one under 5 as two children of my own.

Just had a crazy thought - I can still look after a couple of my friend's children the same ages as mine (so 4 under 5s) if my friend pops to the shop or parents eve or something can't I?

I'm even confusing myself , sorry!:panic:

mama2three
27-04-2011, 12:14 PM
As long as its not when you are working you could have a housefull! During times when mindees are present youre restricted to numbers , but the rest of the time you can still have birthday parties and playdates and do favours just as you always have. x

Vic3003
27-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Thank you! That of course makes perfect sense but I'm so wrapped up in Ofsted and childminding requirements at the moment that when my friend asked me to watch her two while she was at the doctors that I hesistated and looked slightly insane when I said I was worried about numbers!

lma
27-04-2011, 03:44 PM
It does get very confusing at times but if your working and have mindees present you still have to work to the numbers stated on your registration certificate from ofsted.

It gets difficult when your children get older and want their friend to come for tea and your stood in the school yard explaining that you cant as your only allowed to have a certain number of children and the kids dont understand:laughing: So when I have a mindee on holiday or off sick then I have a one of my daughters friends over for tea so don't even get a rest but it keeps her happy and earns me some brownie points with her:littleangel:

I'm sure that after a few months working then you'll get to grips with everything and don't forget there's always someone on here who will know the answer and will help.:thumbsup:

Vic3003
27-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks! I have to say that this does seem the best place for quick answers and the least complicated answers!

Its my first day of minding and its gone really well but I'm completely overwhelmed by paperwork, even though I used to be a teacher and thought it couldn't be that bad!