PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry - what would you do?

Banana
27-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Just a quick one.

3 kids - over 5's

need care from 3.30-8pm. I charge £3.50ph per child. after 6pm i charge £5.00ph per child.
Single parent, works full time, only needs a thursday, cant find anyone to work til 8pm. so he'd be looking at £10.50ph between 3.30 and 6 and £15.00ph

so basically thats quite a lot for 4.5 hours care. More to the point its til 8pm. But it is only one day a week. I wasnt gonna do school aged ones but this guy really does sound desperate.

and given im only working 9-1.30 on a thurs as from next week..... what would you do?? what discount if any would you give? I just feel a bit cheeky asking for such high fees but there are 3 of them, its not my fault prices are what they are but I am calling him back later to discuss a bit more as didnt want to commit to anything til I had thought it through.

ANy suggestions please? should I just stick to my prices. Im not that bothered about doing it so I guess if he doesnt like the price then I should just leave it eh?

I dont know?

x

Lou
27-04-2008, 12:48 PM
I think you answered your own question hun, i would stick to the prices and if he is happy to pay it then great...

if not then you are not that bothered about doing it anyway.

Just think about your own family before agreeing to work til 8pm xxx

crazybones
27-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Stick to your prices. One months trial. If he agrees then fine. Good Luck.:thumbsup:

Blaze
27-04-2008, 01:18 PM
I agree...stick to your prices & one months trial period. :)

Pudding Girl
27-04-2008, 01:22 PM
I'd be happy to give it ago - no discounts though, taking up a full place, plus will likely get some help from Tax Credits :D

breezy
27-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Agree with all the above!!!
It's a lot to ask til 8pm, how do your family feel about it?

angeldelight
27-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Thing is Lana I have worked late hours in the past and ive done the parent favours

Sometimes though even for just one night you can start to resent how much it restricts your free time

I think you did answer your own question
Offer it at your normal rate and if he dont come back then never mind you was not that bothered anyway

If he does come back at least you will be getting the money you rightly deserve

Good luck

Angel xx

Twinkles
27-04-2008, 03:15 PM
I agree, I would do it on a trial basis only. No discounts, like the others said he will get help with this.
I occasionally have two children this late by the time they've had tea and a bath, get their pj's on and settle down ( they have sleeping bags in the playroom ) it's time to go.
A lot depends on how well behaved the children are.
It's only one day a week and it would earn you a nice amount of money.

emler
27-04-2008, 03:18 PM
I agree with the others - don't discount your normal rates. You have to think about how it will affect your family & your routine for your dd.
Let us know how it goes

Emler x

Jinx
27-04-2008, 03:44 PM
That is going to be a difficult decision to make, but I agree with what all the others have said. It could be good money, but then again it could be quite disruptive to your own family.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Jinx x:thumbsup:

Alibali
27-04-2008, 03:51 PM
I have worked shifts for years and the childcare issue was always a biggie, as such I try to be a bit more understanding, I would be reluctant to charge these prices, it is only one day a week and only till 8pm, and it's not blocking up your undre 5 spaces. How about charging full fee for youngest child and offering a discount for the other two, but as everyone else said make it a trial period and take it from there.

Good luck,

Ali xx

Banana
27-04-2008, 04:51 PM
I have called back and declined the enquiry.

Even though it is only the one night a week, its going to disrupt Belle's bedtime, Richard and I having dinner will be interrupted and i've only just managed to get a thursday afternoon off and i'd be filling it as soon as it became free - obviousy not a bad thing from a business point of view but I actually think the free afternoon will do me good!

Thanks for all your replies everyone!

xxxx