PDA

View Full Version : advice please asap...

helendee
27-04-2011, 08:38 AM
One of the mums has just phoned to ask if it is ok to bring her little one who has developed a wide-spread rash overnight. One of my lo's mums is pregnant so I obviously don't want to expose her to anything nasty. There are no doctors appointments available today to see lo and her rash so I am stuck here not knowing what to say to mum.

What do you guys do in this situation?

Cheers

Helen xx

Flisspaps
27-04-2011, 08:55 AM
If she doesn't know what the rash is, then I'd say no.

breezy
27-04-2011, 09:03 AM
I'd say no rather than put everyone else at risk. She could phone nhs direct for advice or go to a walk in centre.

HELEN10
27-04-2011, 09:04 AM
No not until you know what the rash is.

candy cat
27-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Happened to me and i sent mum to gp if he said it is non contagious she can come back,if not she will have to stay away....gp told her to stay away...we have a duty to protect all the children in our care,so can't risk it :)

AliceK
27-04-2011, 09:18 AM
All doctors will see a child the same day so mum needs to call back and get her in to see a Dr today. I wouldn't risk having her until you know what it is and whether it's contagious.

xxxx

Chimps Childminding
27-04-2011, 02:52 PM
I have it on my sickness policy that I won't accept a child with a rash until it has been checked out by a doctor and confirmed that it is not contagious!!

The Juggler
27-04-2011, 09:46 PM
I would not accept child with a rash unless doc had cleared it.

onceinabluemoon
28-04-2011, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't accept a child with an unknown rash either, it may be something innocuous like heat rash, on the other hand it may be something extremely contagious and if you take the child it could go around the lot of them. I doubt nay parent would be happy with that. x