PDA

View Full Version : Visit from Ofsted

Hebs
27-04-2011, 06:22 AM
I had an unannounced visit yesterday from Ofsted, following a complaint

a complaint that i've been waiting for since december :rolleyes: along with a complaint from a mum who i gave notice to 2 months ago and mindee left 6 weeks ago, and a local childminder had her 2 cents worth 2 :rolleyes:

redicilous allergations such as "i dont feed mindees" which was ironic as kids were sitting eating lunch when Mrs Ofsted arrived :rolleyes:
and another complaint was that i made a mindee share her carrot sticks.......... yes thats right i made a mindee share her carrot sticks :rolleyes:

was few other things that i have been accused of but thanks to me taking LOTS of photots i could disprove each allergation, only complaint which i didnt not disagree with was that I had rang another local minder, which i did do for advice but the complaint was that it was only to complain about a mindee :rolleyes: Mrs Ofsted agreed that i was "within my rights to seek support from elsewhere"

honestly do some people have nothing better to do than make stupid complaints???

BUT, whislt here Mrs Ofsted read the texts i have been reciving from the mum who i gave notice to in december, along with the letters from mum who i gave notice to 2 months ago and she said as NONE of the correspondance mentions any care concerns it was clear the real motivation for the complaint was contractual and not care. I have also been advised to seek legal advice against mum who continues to post about me online, so I have an app next week with a solicitor.

why do parents who are annoyed at childminders make complaints to ofsted to try and get back at us?? :rolleyes:

sarah707
27-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Some people don't seem to have anything better to do with their time :(

I hope you are ok :group hug:

angeldelight
27-04-2011, 06:47 AM
Thats terrible Hebs

Hope you are ok

Although you were expecting it its not very nice is it

Good luck next week hope all goes well keep us posted

Glad it went ok for you yesterday hope you are feeling a bit better now its over

Angel xx

Hebs
Oh yeah i'm fine, as i knew i had nothing to worry about

:thumbsup:

christine e
because they are sad sad people - well done to you for handling it so well

Cx

Polly2
27-04-2011, 07:01 AM
Well done for dealing with this so great! I think it shows the importance of writing everything down - you had all the evidence there.

auntym
27-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Glad its over for you hon. Some spitefull people out there. X

Hebs
27-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Glad its over for you hon. Some spitefull people out there. X

oh no this is just the start ;)

mama2three
27-04-2011, 07:08 AM
You must be relieved thats over - youve been half expecting them to turn up for months now! Even when we know we've done nothing wrong the nerves still kick in. Does worry me that if a complaint is bad enough for them to come out that they then leave the children ' at risk' potentially for 4 months - and leaves us on edge for all that time too.

Demonjill
27-04-2011, 07:11 AM
:eek: Some people just cant help themselves can they?

Hope you get some good help from solicitor:thumbsup:

pain in :censored: that you should HAVE to prove your innocence etc and these people dont think about the overall consequences of going to these extremes -

:group hug:

Carol M
27-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Do you expect more **** then Hebs?
It is beyond belief that some parents will stoop so low when they don't get their own way or they want revenge:angry:
Well done for prooving to Ofsted that these pathetic allegations were untrue.
Carol xx

Hebs
27-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Carol they can try all they like but i have been cleared of all complaints :D

but yes i'm expecting more trouble esp when they hear from my solicitor :thumbsup:

Hebs
27-04-2011, 08:05 AM
You must be relieved thats over - youve been half expecting them to turn up for months now! Even when we know we've done nothing wrong the nerves still kick in. Does worry me that if a complaint is bad enough for them to come out that they then leave the children ' at risk' potentially for 4 months - and leaves us on edge for all that time too.

Oh the complaint was only logged on Thursday

mama2three
27-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Oh the complaint was only logged on Thursday

AH I see! So someone felt so strongly about how you were treating littlies they left it 4 months to complain! Numpties!

Hebs
27-04-2011, 08:16 AM
AH I see! So someone felt so strongly about how you were treating littlies they left it 4 months to complain! Numpties!

Exactly!

Pathetic isnt it!

aly
27-04-2011, 10:20 AM
you know what I think hebs!
they ahve nothing better to do, now hopefully thye can get on with their sad lives and leave you alone...you never know it could be jealousy ;)

brush it off, and hold your head up high knowing these people are ridiculous.

xx

TheBTeam
27-04-2011, 12:29 PM
We have had cases of this around here, and of other jealous childminders trying to sabotage successful businesses too!

Glad they saw sense, cos that is still always the worry that they wont see it and you end up in trouble when it is just plain lies!!

Alibali
27-04-2011, 12:35 PM
It's so unfair that you've had to go through this, hope you're ok x

snowdrop
27-04-2011, 01:42 PM
I know how your feeling, I have had a bit of this :(

some parents can be so nasty!

Hope you are ok? x

claire'scherubs
27-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Nasty people, glad you are handling so well, and NOT letting them get away with it:clapping:

julie w
27-04-2011, 03:48 PM
It reminds me of the time a fellow childminder was reported for 'receiving brown envelopes from men in the street'. It just happened to coincide with my husband giving her some paperwork I'd printed off for her. Some people have nothing better to do with their sad empty lives than to try and make others miserable. Unfortunately ofsted have to follow up every complaint, no matter how small. Chin up.xxx

Bananabrain
27-04-2011, 04:40 PM
It reminds me of the time a fellow childminder was reported for 'receiving brown envelopes from men in the street'. It just happened to coincide with my husband giving her some paperwork I'd printed off for her. Some people have nothing better to do with their sad empty lives than to try and make others miserable. Unfortunately ofsted have to follow up every complaint, no matter how small. Chin up.xxx

:eek: lordy,lordy. Whatever next?
Hebs, I HOPE YOU ARE OK.
Remember................don't let the bleeps grind you down.

The Juggler
27-04-2011, 09:44 PM
oh Hebs, that's awful. hope you are ok hon, glad ofsted were cool about it and that you are taking legal advice. keep us posted.:(

Hebs
28-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Oh i will, i wont take this lying down