PDA

View Full Version : Sruggling with PSRN ?!?

handeme
26-04-2011, 04:15 PM
I have a one year old mindee who i can't seem to get an observation in this area. Any ideas?

He has only been with me for 5 weeks and in my inital observations i noted that he can play peek a boo and rock to row row row your boat is that PSRN?

c x

Gherkin
26-04-2011, 04:26 PM
What about building him a mini treasure basket for him to explore that are in groups, have different patterns, textures in there too

Do number rhymes with him with actions - 1 2 3 4 5 Once I caught a fish
alive

Lift the flap books

Make him a book of shapes or display shape images, patterns etc

Have measures and weights and old scales hand for the sand/rice tray. Have measured pourers of different sizes in the water tray

All relate to PSRN and it may just mean that you have to introduce him to it rather than him seeking it out.

Hope it helps.

FussyElmo
26-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Is he crawling or walking to get toys thats problem solving too.

Putting toys in and out of boxes.

Does he drop things to expect you to pick them up.

Climbing to reach something.

Finger rhymes.

Treasure baskets.

handeme
26-04-2011, 04:42 PM
He is walking yes and does take toys out of the toy storage, so would i put that down.

as for observations, if i am reading/playing with lift the flap books and he sits for a couple of seconds then wanders off, do i still put that down as a observation?

he is a wanderer, so if he is walking with a toy and drops it he usually leaves the toys and wanders off to something else.

c x

The Juggler
26-04-2011, 04:54 PM
putting shapes in shape boards and 3D shape sorters. Them working out how to put them in and if there is a way of makign it easier (i.e. finding the blue side to put in the blue shapes).

magnetic trainsets - working out how to fit them togehter (it's KUW but also problem solving so falls in PSRN).

Sand and water play - learning about volume and capacity, how full you can fill something before it tips.

Building towers with anything, working out about height, how things fit together and balance.

:D