PDA

View Full Version : 2nd phone??

mushpea
25-04-2011, 05:38 PM
do any of you have a phone for work and a seperate phone for the weekends? the reason I ask is because I am sorley tempted to have a 2nd phone because this weekend one parent has twice tried to call me about work and left a message on my answer phone and has now hassled my OH in the supermarket about her issue and said again she would try to ring me so I have now turned my phone off,, her problem is that she wants copies of her contracts (changed it 3 times since last april !) and copies of her invoices,, she would have had copies of her contracts and of her invoices up to about 4months ago when i stopped doing them as the majority of my parents said they didnt want them and she was one of them,, anyway she wants copies from last april to now to give to the tax credits who what them by the 15th May so plenty of time
this is not the first time she has contacted me at the weekends and also late at night and quite frankly I am fed up with it,, I have told her countless times not to call me out of hours but she still does.

Baildon bears
25-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Personally I would still give invoices even if parents say they don't want them, it does not matter to me if they decide to throw them away, it's a record for me to say they have been invoiced x amount and they have paid. Then if tax credits do want prof you have it. As far as two phones go it's annoying her ringing at weekend but I would just send her a text saying you will deal with any issue in working hours, not at weekend.

Monkey26
25-04-2011, 06:15 PM
I used to have a separate phone for work but got annoyed carrying two phones around so just went back to using the one! lol xx

alwaysright
25-04-2011, 08:59 PM
oh i know exactly what you mean....i am often tempted to do this but currently none of my parents ring me at the weekend, one did the other night but started the call with an apology for disturbing me but it was to say child was ill and infectious! so thats perfectly acceptable. i had one parent who rang me constantly and it drove me mad....annoying things like a 8pm phone asking did she bang herself today as she has a small bruise on her leg.....hello!! you've been home and playing in the garden for three hours-couldnt she have done it there!! friday phone call at 9pm did we leave our suncream there....its 9pm on a friday night you havent been here for two days and why do you need suncream at 9pm......and the list goes on, so i just stopped answering my home phone! now i tell parents please dont ring me out of work hours except for emergencies, if you have to contact me send a txt and i will txt you back when i am available

mummyof3
25-04-2011, 09:08 PM
I've just looked into a second mobile contract for work. I think this will be the best option for me as majority of my parents text me rather than ring.

I am fed up of answering silly text messages like asking what they owe me this week - its the same as EVERY other week and you have been with me over a year :angry: Oh and should I bring babies milk with me tomorrow - erm yes unless you want him to starve :eek:

onceinabluemoon
26-04-2011, 07:17 AM
YES!!

I have a decent contract mobile for my home life and a cheaper PAYG mobile for work. All parents know my work phone is turned off at weekends and when I'm on my hols but that in an emergency only they can contact me on the house phone. They never do this but often try and phone my work phone at weekends or send me texts over the weekends and on holidays which I dont get until I turn my phone back on...

Michelle M
26-04-2011, 02:09 PM
I am a contract phone its private and work, I get parents texting and phoning at ten at night, before 7 in the morning, and of course at weekends, its drivemy own parents mad, we took my girls ice skating and one parent phoned just as we were about to go on the ice, I think I should look at this a nice i-phone 4 :laughing: dontt hink hubby will go for that tho

HELEN10
26-04-2011, 03:15 PM
No I don't but tell parents I do when they say to me 'didn't you get my message'. I tell them, no sorry, i don't turn my work phone on untill I am actually working!:)

I also tell them to leave any urgent messages on the landline. It really annoys me that they think they can contact me anytime they wish!!!

kel1983
26-04-2011, 03:28 PM
both of my parents only text me cause thats what they prefer and so do I. So if i am busy I will just simply ignore the text and text them back at a suitable time. I use to be on PAYG but when i started minding took on a £10 rolling contract and I have definately made use of the free texts I get.