PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody got a TUFF CAM please?

onceinabluemoon
25-04-2011, 04:11 PM
and if so are they any good, are they really tough and do the mindees actually use it or is it one of those 'good idea at the time' type resources

Thanks in advance x

Pixie dust
25-04-2011, 04:27 PM
I have one but it's too complicated for mine to use but they are just over 2. They like watching themselves!! It just sits on the side.

Thats no help for you really!

pinkbutterfly
25-04-2011, 08:25 PM
I have one and the older ones (I would say aged 3+) love it. They like taking photos and movies and then connecting it to TV to watch themselves.

sdean
25-04-2011, 08:28 PM
I have one and all of the children love it. You can video and take photos so we take in on outings so that the children can take photos of what they personally like or enjoyed. It gets dropped a lot and I have not had a problem with it so far. Once they are shown how to work it they pick it up and use it. Once they show an interest I spent time showing them how it works and then it sits in out ICT area with the laptop and other resources.:)

Pixie dust
25-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I spent time showing them how it works and then it sits in out ICT area with the laptop and other resources.

wow you have an ICT area ...Are you lucky enough to have a playroom ?

sarah707
25-04-2011, 08:42 PM
I wish I could afford one I think it would be absolutely brilliant!

One has been on my wish list for a while and I'm saving up...

But I want a laptop for the children as well so it might take a while longer :laughing: :D

Cammie Doodle
26-04-2011, 11:04 AM
I dont have a Tuff camera, but have the Easi Scope which we connect up to the computer, its brill as you can put items in a viewing box and see them up close on the screen (great for bugs etc lol)
Our digital camera was from Llyods in the sale, chunky and quite robust and was only about £10

sdean
26-04-2011, 12:36 PM
wow you have an ICT area ...Are you lucky enough to have a playroom ?

yes I do I am very lucky I have a very supportive husband ha ha! the ict area sounds grander than it is - it is a children's computer desk with the taptop and the tuff cam, easi speak and easi scope, bee bot and all the little phonics computers etc. I have to admit it is always a busy area especially after school and in the school holidays.:)

samb
26-04-2011, 07:42 PM
I have got one. They are hard wearing in my opinion and also easy to hold - easier than the chunky kiddizoom. I only mind young ones so they are not too interested but my dd (aged 5) loves it and likes to play with it with her friends. It is easy to use.

christine e
27-04-2011, 06:17 AM
Was looking at having one but one of my mindees came with one of these
http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&q=vtech+video+camera&rlz=1R2SKPB_enGB367&wrapid=tlif130388487707110&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=13965930467045709499&sa=X&ei=S7S3TcCRNYOxhQeGr-H3Dg&ved=0CEwQ8wIwAA#

the other day (birthday present), these are much cheaper and I thought they looked more robust

Cx

miffy
01-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Don't know if you're still interested but I found this yesterday

http://www.tts-group.co.uk/shops/tts/Products/PD1723692/Tuff-Cam-Child-Friendly-Digital-Camera/

Seems there is a new model out and they are selling off the old ones.

Miffy xx

onceinabluemoon
01-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Don't know if you're still interested but I found this yesterday

http://www.tts-group.co.uk/shops/tts/Products/PD1723692/Tuff-Cam-Child-Friendly-Digital-Camera/

Seems there is a new model out and they are selling off the old ones.

Miffy xx

Thanks Miffy, will order that one :)