PDA

View Full Version : Breaching confidentiality?

angiemog
25-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Hi,
I am in the middle of doing an assignment and I need to explain how and when a practitioner should breach confidentiality. Is it only when there is a safeguarding issue? I've had a look in the EYFS pack but can't find any other time.
Thanks

Greengrass74
25-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Hiya

what about in an medical emergency you would need to pass over a childs medical history, their GP details etc.

Hope this helps

Dave

sarah707
25-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Hiya

what about in an medical emergency you would need to pass over a childs medical history, their GP details etc.

Hope this helps

Dave

Hmmm but then we all have the parents permission to share medical information with professionals in an emergency situation via the legal requirement to have a form asking parents for 'permission to seek emergency medical advice or help'...

How about if we are worried about a child's speech and parents say it's fine and we ask the speech therapist to listen and give their opinion because we want to help the child.

Or if we need to tell parents that there's an outbreak of nits or thread worm in the house... but we only care for 2 children so the source is pretty obvious.

Or if a parent tells us about domestic violence or something serious happening at home and we need to speak in confidence with our local childminding coordinator because we are affected by the situation or need help to support the child who's behaviour has gone awry.

Or if we come on here to ask, totally confidentially, for help without giving away any details about ourselves or the child / family etc... at the end of the day simply by putting the details on the forum we are, to an extent, breaking confidentiality aren't we?

Hth :D

Gracie's mamma
25-04-2011, 08:14 AM
If and when a child is in danger and the police are involved

sfox2003
25-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi

Ive recently completed an online course about information sharing & have some of the documents provided on my pc. Would you like a copy of the guidance? If so PM me your email address.