PDA

View Full Version : How many of us are working the bank hols?

onceinabluemoon
25-04-2011, 06:43 AM
I have one in today and two in on Friday, in between I have 3 days off...

This is the first time since I've been a CM that I've been asked to work bank hols so it feels a little strange. The upside is of course great rate of pay which I can use to treat my own children on our 3 days off.

Anybody else working?

mrs robbie williams
25-04-2011, 06:49 AM
not working as such but do have a mum coming round at ten this morning to sign contracts etc, hopefully wont take too long :) have a good day xx

Hebs
25-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Nope im still in bed, bliss! xx

onceinabluemoon
25-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Nope im still in bed, bliss! xx

Good thing you're my friend Hebs, I could take offence to having my nose rubbed in it!! ;) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

JumpingJacks
25-04-2011, 07:05 AM
I am working them all but really don't mind in this weather as I can get out and about with the children :) Thinking I may book one off in August though!

Enjoy your bank holidays all x

jaytravis
25-04-2011, 07:38 AM
i am but not happy about it in the 3 years ive had this mindee ive never worked a b/h they said it wouldnt be needed last week they ssaid he will be here monday i didnt think anthing of it then over weekend realised it was b/h so im working for £3 a hour its says nothing in our contracts as i was new to all this then and wasnt sure how it all went (before i found this site ) best thing is his dad is at home all day , its abit late for me to charge them extra now so have to get on with it

onceinabluemoon
25-04-2011, 07:41 AM
i am but not happy about it in the 3 years ive had this mindee ive never worked a b/h they said it wouldnt be needed last week they ssaid he will be here monday i didnt think anthing of it then over weekend realised it was b/h so im working for £3 a hour its says nothing in our contracts as i was new to all this then and wasnt sure how it all went (before i found this site ) best thing is his dad is at home all day , its abit late for me to charge them extra now so have to get on with it

Time for a contract review methinks?

Mookins
25-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Yup...i worked all day friday sat and sunday at my weekend shop and now today too:rolleyes:

£6 an hour though so im not too upset lol xx

zillervalley
25-04-2011, 08:08 AM
not me, been off since wednesday 6pm

re-open tuesday/ wednesday 7-30am 6pm then off again till monday 7-30

lovely

spending the day with my grandaughter who is 2wks tomorro:clapping:

ziller

caz3007
25-04-2011, 08:21 AM
I was supposed to be working next Friday with one, but dont think I will be now and she came down the chicken pox over the weekend

mushpea
25-04-2011, 08:24 AM
nope wont work bank holidays,,, all easter weekend my two have been camping with my parents so its been ridiculously quiet here, looking forward to next weekend when my two are here but mindees arent so we can spend some time together.

FussyElmo
25-04-2011, 08:33 AM
No I dont work bank holidays used to for one parent but i dont anymore :)

breezy
25-04-2011, 08:40 AM
NOPE! never work bank holidays :clapping:

kel1983
25-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Nope I am not working bank holidays. I would if asked and I would have to charge £8 per hour. Lukily all my parents also have them off so not needed.

I am enjoying tis lovely weekend, although I did work Saturday 9.30-2.30. Three days work this week for me and another lovely long weekend off. Cannot wait.

caz3007
25-04-2011, 11:33 AM
I was supposed to be working next Friday with one, but dont think I will be now and she came down the chicken pox over the weekend

Whoops, good job I text mum as Lo doesnt have chicken pox apparently and spots all gone. Glad I text to ask how she was or I would have not been expecting to work next week and child would have turned up...lol

miffy
25-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Nope, not me - I'm off for two whole weeks :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Miffy xx

onceinabluemoon
25-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Well that's me finished until FRIDAY!! Whoop whoop!

A bit back to front working the bank hols and then having the working days in between as hols, but that's me... MAD!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: