PDA

View Full Version : Another cuts casualty - Teachers TV

sarah707
24-04-2011, 11:56 AM
I have just received the following email :(

I am writing to confirm that, following the termination of the Teachers TV contract, the Teachers TV website will cease to be available from 29th April, 2011.

Where can I find Teachers TV videos after the 29th April?

The Department for Education (DfE) will make all Teachers TV programmes available to distributors on a non-exclusive basis. Any distributor who provides Teachers TV programmes will be required to stream them for free at the point of use. Details of where you can access Teachers TV programmes can be found on the DfE website.

Where can I find more information about the closure of the Teachers TV website?

For more information please visit our help pages.

What do I need to do if I have a viewing log, or links to the Teachers TV website?

If you have completed a Teachers TV viewing log, or have links to Teachers TV videos on your website or VLE, you need to take action. Please check our help pages for details.

Thank you for your continued support. Please pass this message on to any colleagues who may be interested.

onceinabluemoon
24-04-2011, 02:02 PM
thank you for sharing Sarah x

Kelly
24-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks Sarah

I haven't been able to get on the Teachernet for a few days now, just got a message saying the service has been decommisioned :(

I really liked the website so will miss it.

singlewiththree
24-04-2011, 05:51 PM
I haven't been able to access teachers tv through virgin for over a year now :(

miffy
24-04-2011, 09:36 PM
That's a shame.

Thanks Sarah

Miffy xx

Allie
24-04-2011, 09:39 PM
It's always bad news at the moment:panic: I want some good news for a change

Allie

Penny1959
25-04-2011, 03:57 AM
What a shame - ex colleagues from Worcestershire featured in many of the video's (Shelia Sage and Sue Durrant).

I found the site to be very useful and will miss it. I hope I will be able to access the vidoes - but from email you had Sarah - not that sure how this will work.

Penny :)