PDA

View Full Version : Grievance Policy and Proceedure for Assistants

Heaven Scent
23-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Does anyone have such a thing that they could let me see - if not has anyone got any ideas that I could put in one please - Thanks.

Blaze
23-04-2011, 02:58 PM
In the CMing world it's more commonly known as a Whistle-blowing pilicy - there's one on the Bromley website...but I'm sure other's will come up on a google search!
HTH:) x

Noomie
23-04-2011, 04:35 PM
You can also have a look on the direct.gov site. When you are employing someone within the first few months you have to provide them a Written Statement. It is a legal requirement and kind of takes the form of the contract between you and the assistant. You can do your own contract if you like but this will suffice. If you follow the links it will take you to the written statement where all you have to do is begin answering the questions and it will write it for you.

Within the Written Statement, it will ask if you have a grievance policy. If you don't they have one already written that you can include and, if memory serves me, amend. When I read through it, it was pretty standard and thorough. You just have to add a few numbers like Ofsted's, etc. Once you're done, it writes the whole document for you including the grievance procedure. At this point it is a word document and again, you can amend it to include anything that you wish.

Link: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/EmploymentContractsAndConditions/DG_175704