PDA

View Full Version : Car Boot Bargains

Greengrass74
23-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Hi all, just got back from a massive car boot with some great bargains, such as 2 large bags of Duplo for £1.00:) , loads of kids DVD,s from 50p each,:thumbsup: a great high chair, nearly new for £3.00,:clapping: plus much more. just gotta clean it all now.:rolleyes:

I was wondering what bargains others had found at car boots.

Enjoy the sunshine

Dave

Pixie dust
23-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I got some great bargains last year including a travel cot that had hardly been used.

I have banned myself from going to any as losing my full time family at the end of may and no new mindees yet so can't spend any money at the mo :(

karensmart4
23-04-2011, 01:23 PM
When I first started as a cm I went to car boots and bought lots of things and now I still go to top up or replace. I do buy some things new but love to get a bargain :D

I recently bought a blue and a pink scooter fo £2 each and the kids love them :thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
23-04-2011, 03:49 PM
WOW! Bargains!

I love a bargain too but dont drive so car boots are out of the question :(

missymood
23-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Went to one today via the hairdressers:blush:

Bits and bobs in my boot:thumbsup:

Only spent £2 and got a great game for the kiddies for 50p
and 3 baby toys for 50p each

I love car boots but DH doesn't:laughing:

mushpea
23-04-2011, 04:39 PM
in the past I have bought toys, buggies, bits for horse riding (my daugher not me!) and the best was a hamster we called bootsie, my OH banned me from going to anymore boot sales last year cause although I didnt spend that much I got loads but I think he has forgotton cause he wants to go to one tomoro:clapping:

Susana0600
23-04-2011, 04:58 PM
:laughing: :laughing: I agree with all of you, I love car boot, bargains, bargains. bargains, I love it :thumbsup: I have got a stair gates in box 2 for £18!!!! plus loads of books for £2 and some other bits.

sarah sunflower
23-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Car boot sales are great for childminders! I sent my dad today as hes good at getting bargains and he came back with LOADS!! dont think the OH is overly impressed as his reaction was 'Where's it all going to go!!''

fatima
23-04-2011, 05:40 PM
in north wales we have free cycle were people advertise things they want rid of for free all you have to do is collect them - I picked up a safety gate today as well as a little tikes castle and slide in excellent condition better than going to the land fill and also on my pocket:)

Greengrass74
23-04-2011, 06:01 PM
I also have used our local freecycle got 2 nearly brand new stair gates not so long ago. :)

caz3007
23-04-2011, 06:07 PM
in north wales we have free cycle were people advertise things they want rid of for free all you have to do is collect them - I picked up a safety gate today as well as a little tikes castle and slide in excellent condition better than going to the land fill and also on my pocket:)

I use freecycle too and recently for cming got a canal set that you fill with water, the children played with it for hours and loved it.

I have got rid of some bits this weekend via there and picked up a couple of things we needed too, so its been good for us lately

Ripeberry
23-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Went to a car boot today (just reopened) and found a lovely Thomas the tank push along toy and a wooden trolley with wooden bricks, all for £3! Bargain.

I've got quite a few things of my own to get rid of, some stalls had such rubbish on them. I could make a killing :D

mushpea
24-04-2011, 10:52 AM
well I got a toy pushchair for £1 some 'gears gears gears' for £1, 6 wooden puzzles for £3 a fisher price phone with eyes that move 50p and best bargin of all a vtech shape sorter rocket for 20p:eek: thinking my partner might ban me again!
ooh yeah and i got two big cushions , well actutaly they are meant to be dog beds but are bran new and they were £5 each and are for my new quiet/book corner.

mama2three
24-04-2011, 11:07 AM
We're just back from the car boot too , spent £4 and have got a children of the world jigsaw , giant aquadraw , construction set , dinoroad , video , sand toys and a vase!

Eddisonsmum
24-04-2011, 10:28 PM
I love them! Went to one today. Bought a brand new White fairy dress up for£2, the hopscotch 1-10 foam puzzle mats for outdoors £1, and a brand new sealed box of snazaroo face paints for £2. Oh and a brand new box of plastic toy food for 50p. Last week I got some build a bears for £3. My hubby doesn't really like them but me and my little man go each week. Off to an Easter eggstravaganza tomorrow lunch time where there's also a boot fair again. Love bank hols, it's double the fun! X

tulip0803
24-04-2011, 10:58 PM

I got a whole boot load of toys & books last year. Including bi-lingual Welsh & French stuff. Also got a lot of dressing up from someone else. All Free!!!!

Monkey26
25-04-2011, 09:34 AM
I did a car boot yesterday as a seller and made £114 :D ...
My partner knows what i'm like there as a buyer so sent me on my own so i couldn't wander off with the takings haha! The people next to me had guess who, picture lotto and some magnatex - they gave me all three for £1!
So technically i made £113 :D xx

karensmart4
25-04-2011, 10:49 AM
My sister just phoned me and said she's at a car bootie and do I want an Ikea highchair, looks brand new only used at grannies for £4...... yes please :thumbsup: