PDA

View Full Version : How thoughtful!

onceinabluemoon
23-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Last week, One of my mindees (a baby) was picked up with granddad who was going to take baby to meet mum from work in a neighbouring town and go on to an Easter fayre .

It was boiling hot so I changed baby from her leggings and t shirt into the dress mum had provided, covered her in sun tan lotion and popped the tube in the bag for her sister and her to use later in the day, popped in her sun hat that I bought her for her to use here and gave granddad a pack of wipes and a baby bottle of water just in case he got held up anywhere on route. (Mum had taken the baby bag to work with her so it didn't get forgotten).

Later that day mum knocked at my door with a bag with the hat, suncream, wipes, bottle etc. In her other hand she had an enormous cake to say thank you for being so thoughtful!

Yesterday baby was one year old and today she's having a party. Mum and dad have not only invited myself and my two children but granddad is coming by to pick us up and transport us the 20 odd miles to the party so we don't have to go by bus!

I just wanted to share as we so often don't hear about the lovely things parents do for us, only when things go wrong.

What lovely things have parents done for you?

claire'scherubs
23-04-2011, 07:39 AM
How lovely, its nice to feel appreciated, enjoy your day :)

Pixie dust
23-04-2011, 07:59 AM
That's really lovely. It's so true we are quick to moan about the parents we don't often hear good news stories

Joda
23-04-2011, 08:02 AM
That's nice to hear! Very thoughtful of mum and very thoughtful of you too!
Have a nice time at the party.

caz3007
23-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Thats really lovely and so nice of them to have appreciated you and its just the little things that some parents do that makes it all worthwhile

littletreasures
23-04-2011, 08:36 AM
How lovely. Enjoy the party x

ORKSIE
23-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Ahh how lovely.
Hope you have a lovely time :)

karensmart4
23-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Thats so nice.... not everyone takes us for granted and some do notice that we go that extra mile :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
23-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Its the little things like that that make all the difference!!! One of my mindees bought me an easter egg this week, only one of the small Flake ones that have been on offer for £1 in the supermarkets, but it shows they think of us!!! Another bought me a couple of bunches of daffodils :)

Twinkles
23-04-2011, 04:37 PM
It is lovely to feel appreciated. You are clearly very caring and they appreciate it.

One of the dads kept me supplied with homemade soup when I was poorly and a mum ( different family ) made meals for my family( and spoiled me rotten ).

It's good to hear about the nice families too :thumbsup:

sarah sunflower
23-04-2011, 05:40 PM
I looked after a little boy for another childminder after she had to go into hospital at short notice. I got a lovely big bunch of roses off the mother as a thank you!! It made my day!!

Also one of my regular mindees mum brings me fresh eggs on a friday, which i think is very nice as with baking fairy cakes etc we can go through quite a few!!

It's the little things that makes the biggest difference :)

Oh and my older mindees picked me some daffodils on the way home from school the other day, don't think their meant to pick them but the thought was nice!!

Mouse
23-04-2011, 06:00 PM
How lovely! It's so nice to feel appreciated :clapping:

A couple of years ago I had to go to a funeral and mindee's mum offered to pick my youngest 2 children up from school and give them tea. She was really excited about it, bless her. She said I did so much for her family, it was nice to be able to do something back. She went to so much effort to make sure my children had a good time.

TheBTeam
23-04-2011, 07:22 PM
You are right it is so nice to hear the nice things that they do, i havent had many nice moments recently, but did get a lovely bunch of flowers and a card to say well done for my Ofsted inspection, but they were the only ones who bothered to say anything!

The Juggler
24-04-2011, 10:02 PM
what a lovely story hon x:clapping: :clapping:

Demonjill
24-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Aww that really is so lovely - hope you all have a fab time :thumbsup:

tulip0803
24-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Thats a lovely story. So nice to be appreciated:clapping:

onceinabluemoon
25-04-2011, 06:40 AM
It was a lovely day. :)